Summit OV 9000/1

HeatherC430

I'm booked in the OV 9001 on the Summit per the Celebrity rep's recommendation when I called to book an OV cabin. From what I can tell from the deck plan it appears to have additional square footage. I've done several searches that have only turned up dated posts before the ship was revamped. Older posts state that this cabin has 2 sofa/couches? Does anyone know if this is the case? Any recent photos of this cabin?

I've read reports of experiencing more motion sickness due to location. My DH & I are boaters and aren't affected by the motion, so I'm not worried about that. Thanks for any help! I'm excited about my first X cruise!

Hi Heather, I have been 1 deck down....7003;)....cabin is extra large

and so is the window:)....the motion did not bother me.

Thanks Lois! Were there 2 sofa/couches in your stateroom?

No, one couch and a chair....it has been 3 years since I had that cabin so trying to remember.

The sofa was (if memory serves) the size of a loveseat. Not 2 sofas, I do remember that. Also,

the cabin itself? Much larger than a regular oceanview:) I think there might have a been a table

too........

Edited by Lois R

Anyone? It appears that rooms OV 8002/3 are the same room setup as well.

Hi Heatherc430

I was on the Summit on march and had cabin 8002. I CAN say it's a nice and long cabin

From what i remember, there's one chair, one couch and the bed

I'm not at home right now so i don't have access to my pictures. I'll sent pictures if you give me your email. I'm be home sunday

Btw, we go back on the Summit in december but choose cabin 3112, it cost a bit less, newer cabin, bigger window but smaller than 8002. For us, cabin 3112 to 3144 worth more than 8002

I forgot, cabin 8002 you fell Motion but not that much. My wife is sensible to Motion sickness and she was Ok

I think cabin 9002 is on the same deck as the bridge and lot of people going by (open and close door) 24 hours. You saouls Check that

Thanks for the info Casanova!

It was the older posts I was reading that said they had 2 sofa/couches so I wasn't sure if that was still the case or not. I'm sure the extra room will be nice. I think we'll enjoy being so close to the gym & the Lido deck. I'll have to check into those rooms when booking our next cruise.

I'd love to see a picture if/when you have time. My email is heathergulich@gmail

I did read about the bridge being located there, but I don't think that should be a problem. Give me a good chance to get a photo with the captain! lol :)

Thanks for the info Casanova!

It was the older posts I was reading that said they had 2 sofa/couches so I wasn't sure if that was still the case or not. I'm sure the extra room will be nice. I think we'll enjoy being so close to the gym & the Lido deck. I'll have to check into those rooms when booking our next cruise.

I'd love to see a picture if/when you have time. My email is heathergulich@gmail

I did read about the bridge being located there, but I don't think that should be a problem. Give me a good chance to get a photo with the captain! lol :)

Hi Heather

Just sent you a message and pictures at heathergulich@gmail.com

Have a nice cruise

I'm booked in the OV 9001 on the Summit per the Celebrity rep's recommendation when I called to book an OV cabin. From what I can tell from the deck plan it appears to have additional square footage. I've done several searches that have only turned up dated posts before the ship was revamped. Older posts state that this cabin has 2 sofa/couches? Does anyone know if this is the case? Any recent photos of this cabin?

I've read reports of experiencing more motion sickness due to location. My DH & I are boaters and aren't affected by the motion, so I'm not worried about that. Thanks for any help! I'm excited about my first X cruise!

Last September we were in 9000 and our daughter and husband in 9001! Lovely, extra-large rooms. We had a sofa and chair. They had a sofa and very large chair, kind of a chair and a half. These room have the doors to the bridge, so you might hear them coming and going, but not much. No issues with motion at all, but we love being rocked to sleep. We would book one of these rooms again in a heartbeat. We loved it. I did find pictures in search.

Jennie

I just got off the Summit today. While own board I booked a future cruise and the booking agents suggested Cabin 9000 or 9001. She said they were huge with a sitting area near the window. We usually get a balcony but because its a Canada trip we feel it will be to cold and port intensive to get use off it so we are going for the ocean view. Before disembarking today I went over to 9000 and knocked in the door. The guests were nice enough to let me in to take a look. It was huge with a sofa opposite the desk near the window and a very large chair next to the bed when you first walk in. I asked about noise and they said they did hear noise from the crew going in the door at the end of the hall next door but it didn't bother them too much and they would book the cabin again.

I just got off the Summit today. While own board I booked a future cruise and the booking agents suggested Cabin 9000 or 9001. She said they were huge with a sitting area near the window. We usually get a balcony but because its a Canada trip we feel it will be to cold and port intensive to get use off it so we are going for the ocean view. Before disembarking today I went over to 9000 and knocked in the door. The guests were nice enough to let me in to take a look. It was huge with a sofa opposite the desk near the window and a very large chair next to the bed when you first walk in. I asked about noise and they said they did hear noise from the crew going in the door at the end of the hall next door but it didn't bother them too much and they would book the cabin again.

Great! Thanks for your post! I'm sure we're going to love it!

• 6 months later...
Hi Heatherc430

I was on the Summit on march and had cabin 8002. I CAN say it's a nice and long cabin

I'm not at home right now so i don't have access to my pictures. I'll sent pictures if you give me your email. I'm be home sunday

I forgot, cabin 8002 you fell Motion but not that much. My wife is sensible to Motion sickness and she was Ok

I think cabin 9002 is on the same deck as the bridge and lot of people going by (open and close door) 24 hours. You saouls Check that

I know it`s been a while since you posted this offer, but we have cabin 9001 in Dec. 2014, could you send me the pictures also?

My email is: cavdad78@gmail.com

Hi

I just sent pictures of the cabin.

See you in 335 days....:)

Just received your photos this morning. It will be nice to have the extra room and also the window, even though we are not in the room all that much. Thanks again for the pictures.

Maybe we can get together in person on the ship.

• 6 months later...