Ultimate Balcony Breakfast?

crazy4themouse

I just downloaded the e-brochure "Cruise Answer Book" from the Princess site, and on the dining chart it lists not only the Ultimate Balcony Dinner, but an Ultimate Balcony Breakfast! I don't think I have ever seen it mentioned here, although I might have missed it.

I had wanted to surprise my folks with the dinner, but at $100/couple it was a little out of my budget. But the breakfast is only $25/couple!

Question is, has anyone done this yet? Or know what is included? It doesn't say anything else in the brochure, other than "on selected ships." I'm hoping this is/will be on the Grand by March!

-gina-

If this is what I think it is, we have seen it most predominatly on the Alaska cruises while cruising Tracy Arm. It is on that certain day of cruising, and some family members got it once and it was a nice spread of food. They deliver it to you, do not all of the service that the balcony dinner does. I may have also seen it on another cruise, but I cant remember the day it was offered, or the itinerary. Sorry!

Casey

We had this on a cruise last year to Panama on the Coral. It was great, but really too much food. If I remember correctly, we had smoked salmon and bagels, a plateful of pastry, lots of fruit, coffee of course, and quiche. We kept a lot of the fruit and pastry and snacked on it for several days. (Also a small bottle of champagne)

It was great to sit out on the balcony and eat this as we were going through the Canal--quite an experience.

We had this last October on the Dawn - 10 day Southern Caribbean.

For the $25 for two, it's a great deal.

1/2 bottle of champagne

huge basket of assorted pastries

crab leg appetizer (2-3 big legs each) (X2)

quiche and some other stuff [fancy potatoes, greens] for main (X2)

huge assorted/sliced fruits plate (X2)

I have to say, there was far too much food!

We had it on my birthday - it was a perfect way to start the day :)

ps - this topic is discussed in more detail here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=143172

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=36186

While they are wonderful offers and worth every penny, you don't have to do the Ultimate Balcony Dinner to enjoy dinner on the balcony. Just call room service and it only cost a tip. The only suggestion I add is be specific in your oder because these guys are in a hurry serve you and read off a list. If you want butter, salt or pepper, ask for it. We didn't order dressing with our Caesar salid and didn't get it. Other than that, I think eating with your spouse and the moon on the balcony is the best dinner I ever had. As for breakfast, we called room service every morning and eat on the balcony.

Kevin

Had the Ultimate Balconey Breakfast going through the Canal in May. It was fabulous!!! We also asked for orange juice so we could make our champagne last longer! It was a lot of food though, we saved some of our fruit and the pastries for the next day.

While they are wonderful offers and worth every penny, you don't have to do the Ultimate Balcony Dinner to enjoy dinner on the balcony. Just call room service and it only cost a tip. The only suggestion I add is be specific in your oder because these guys are in a hurry serve you and read off a list. If you want butter, salt or pepper, ask for it. We didn't order dressing with our Caesar salid and didn't get it. Other than that, I think eating with your spouse and the moon on the balcony is the best dinner I ever had. As for breakfast, we called room service every morning and eat on the balcony.

Kevin

Unless things have changed - you can no longer order dinner with room service. From what I understand, the only option would be to go up to Horizon court, get your food, and bring it down to your room.

Archived