Florence excursion for 10

dltodaro2

Hi -

I am looking for a Florence excursion for 10 people. (First time to Florence.) Alot of the tour companies are limited to 8 people. Any good companies that will save me money over the cruise line excursions?

Thank you!

Deb

The 8 limitation is vehicle size. Not all areas can easily and safely handle bigger vehicles. And for a private tour, you want to efficiently use your time by getting closer than a larger vehicle can.

Bet you will still do very well on price if you do two 5 person vehicles traveling together. So I wouldn't let this stop you from going with one of the recommended venders here.

Rome in Limo gets, for very good reason, excellent reviews.

Hi -

I am looking for a Florence excursion for 10 people. (First time to Florence.) Alot of the tour companies are limited to 8 people. Any good companies that will save me money over the cruise line excursions?

Thank you!

Deb

As CruiserBruce said, you will more than likely have to get two vehicles. Last month, we used Travel Tuscany for Cruise for a group of 10 and we had two new and clean Mercedes vans. Our driver was Simona and she was great. We did a Pisa stop in addition to Florence. She is based out of Livorno. Her email: SimonaBagnoli@gmail.com

If we took the train into Florence. Is there an Information Center close to the train station? Can I hire a tour guide there or get a walking tour?

Thanks,

Deb

Once you get to Florence, you really don't need a guide. It is very compact and easy to see the sights on your own.

We downloaded the FREE walking tours from Rick Steves. Here is the link:

http://www.ricksteves.com/ae/ae_menu.htm

We really enjoyed the Renaissance Walking tour.

You may want to go on the Hulu website and watch some of Rick Steves travel videos. http://www.hulu.com/rick-steves-europe

It really is easy to do on your own, but if you decide to use a private tour company, I can highly recommend Romeinlimo. I have used them several times and they are outstanding.

Enjoy!

Archived