Summit Review June9-16

Hi, what a wonderful review and glad you had such a good time:)

The A/C issue....wow:eek:....did they ever fix it? Or I should say did the

ship feel any cooler as the week went by? Was it just the dining room?

I am sailing her for the 6th time in August so when you say you love

the ship? I am right there with you:D.

I have only been to Bermuda once and that was only for 1 day so I am

very much looking forward to seeing more of it this time:)...last time

I never left the dockyard so this time Hamilton and Horseshoe Bay

are definitely on my list.

I was going to do St George too but when you mentioned Coco Reef

Resort? Sounds really nice......would you recommend it? And what is

the easiest way to get there?

Hi Lois! I found the whole ship to be very warm, with the exception of a couple of venues and my son who is usually freezing never complained that he was cold, so I know it wasn't just me.

Our cabin got better after a tech looked at it, but the worst place for me was that back corner of select dining...easy fix was that I would not sit there again. Not to say that the rest of the dining room was cold, but it was more bearable.

Coco Reef was an awesome day! Very relaxing and a great deal at $49 pp. We enjoyed it very much and the pool was a nice change from the cruise pool. Short walk down the stairs to the beach...Elbow Beach is just stunning! You had full use of the chairs and umbrellas and lunch was included. I think if I ever went back, I'd skip the crowds at Horseshoe Bay and go back to Coco Reef.

We only did taxis, it's easier for my son. The cost each way was $40 which included the tip. If you are with others, sharing the cost is well worth it.

Our taxi driver was unable to arrange a pickup for us, he had another commitment, but a half hour before we wanted to leave, my husband went to the desk and they graciously called for a taxi for us which came 10 mins after our requested time. All in all, I highly recommend a day there if it is in your budget and you just want a quiet place to enjoy the surroundings.

You can find their website and send an email if you like and make a reservation for them to hold a place for you on the particular day you'd like. No money up front and if you decide not to go, no problem with not showing up.

Thanks for the review. We sail on July 21 and can' wait. Glad you liked Coco Reef. Did you have reservations? Could you please tell me how much cab cost to get there and back if you remember. Glad you had a great time. We also sailed her last summer and can't wait to get back on her.

Great review. DW and I were on the same sailing in a standard balcony. In over 25 cruises this was only our 2nd on Celebrity and we were very impressed. We didn't have quite as good of an experience with embarkation, stood in line for about 45 minutes, but it wasn't all that bad. On the ship, the food and service were outstanding. The ship is a bit worn but very clean. As NCL gold members, I almost booked the Breakaway and, after speaking with several passengers on that ship, I'm glad we went with the Summit. Heard complaints about food and service on the Breakaway. I have to agree about the shows. I was really disappointed in 54 below. Too many boring stories about her life and unfamiliar songs. The production shows were typical and the comedian was really really good.

Thanks for the review. We sail on July 21 and can' wait. Glad you liked Coco Reef. Did you have reservations? Could you please tell me how much cab cost to get there and back if you remember. Glad you had a great time. We also sailed her last summer and can't wait to get back on her.

Please ignore my questions about Coco Reef. Somehow missed the above post. I guess I didn't see p2. Sounds like a great place and I hope we find someone else to share the cab on our July 21 sailing. Thanks for the info in post #26 Have a great day.

I noticed the AC problems last year on Summit to Bermuda. I am beginning to wonder if that ship has AC issues. I hope to God they are fixed and not a problem by the time we sail in August! We are doing a back to back and if it is hot I will be miserable. August is HOT. I am a self proclaimed "yeti" and need cool temps to feel OK.

thank you so much for posting. I think we will be making our reservations for coco beach. you've certainly added to my anticipation of our august cruise.

thanks again for taking the time to post.

cheers

Archived