Anyone Doing Weight Watchers?

I've been OP for 7 weeks for a total loss of 15.0 pounds. I love this program, i can eat anything i want without depriving myself. I just watch for fat and some sugar. I love being able to eat what i like just with portion control. Anyone else OP?

Happy Cruising To All!!

~ * Glory * ~

00000candy10.gif

Radiance of the Seas 03/04

Cunard Countess 07/79

Ola, Rubia! While I don't do WW, several of my friends do and I think it's a great program. It teaches you to control portions, eat a wide variety of foods and it offers support from fellow members. Not a "fad diet" or one which eliminates essential nutrients nor offers rapid and dangerous results. Your loss in right in line with what experts agree is healthy. Congrats and stay on course!!!

Grandeur 6/98

Sovereign 3/00

Jubilee 1/02

Voyager6/02

Navigator 1/03

Sensation 4/03

Enchantment 9/03

Mariner 1/04

Excuse my stupidity - what is OP? Thanks.

Jacki

Sovereign July 2000

Sovereign August 2000

Imagination July 2001

Sovereign August 2001

Paradies June 2002

Pride August 2002

Sensation March 2003

Enchantment May 2003

Sovereign October 2003

Sensation January 2004

Mariner May 2004

Yes OP is "On Program". I've been OP since 12/02 and to date have lost 21 lbs. (I took a brief vacation from WW when I went on the Coral Princess.) I love WW; it has really worked for me and I have tried all the other diets.

Voyager of the Seas, 10/04

Coral Princess, 11/03

Grand Princess, 9/02

Ever since i joined WW my life has changed so much. I don't even know what a junk food place is anymore. It's so easy and simple to follow. The best part, you still can eat everything you want!

Happy Cruising To All!!

~ * Glory * ~

00000candy10.gif

Cunard Countess 07/79

I've tried WW off and on for a while now and find that I can only lose a few pounds and then it comes right back. I work out a lot and cannot stick to the points if I work out. WW encourages you to eat more carbs and even though I was doing the "low carb" version, I still found that eating carbs makes me HUNGRY!! Plus I will NEVER meet their weight for me...so to all those who are successful, good for you, it just doesn't work that great for me.

Well it's too bad, but in this world of diets we are lucky that we can always find the one that suits our needs. I love carbs so i have no problem with it and so far lost 18 pounds eating and for me that's the best part. icon_smile.gificon_biggrin.gif

Happy Cruising To All!!

~ * Glory * ~

00000candy10.gif

Cunard Countess 07/79

I just remembered there is a WW cruise for next year Labor Day week for 4 days on Carnival Fascination to Key West and Cozumel. I found out thru one of the WW big losers. This is the info just in case anyone wants to find out.

The cruise is for September 5, 2005 on the Carnival Fascination from Miami. The Ports of Call are Key West and Cozumel, Mexico. The prices follow:

Category 4A - Inside $281.38 per person

Category 6A - Ocean View $318.38 per person

I will put a brochure in mail for you so that you can see what the ship looks like.

Please let me know if you need any further information or help.

Thank you for choosing Crown's Adventures at Sea

Louisiana's Largest Cruise Agency

Visit us on the web at www.cruisedealsforless.com

Paige Luby

Vacation Consultant

paige@crowntravelinc.com

1-877-207-8152

504-207-8152

I already told some people at my meetings and are interested. If anyone else plans on going post here maybe we all can make plans.

Happy Cruising To All!!

~ * Glory * ~

00000candy10.gif

Cunard Countess 07/79

• 2 weeks later...

I have been OP since 10/02 and have lost 28 pounds with 25 more to go. I haven't exercised at all and absolutely love WW. Glad to hear it is working for others, too!

Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Weight Watchers changed my life. Lost 85 pounds over two years ago and am still going strong. I could never give up carbs or anything for that matter and WW allows me to live my life and eat the food I want, the way I want. I think it is the best program out there and I wish you all the best of luck.

Just remember, never give up-never surrender! It CAN be done!:rolleyes:

This is my 11th week on weight watchers, I lost 18.2 lbs so far, out of all the eating plans ( I don't call it a diet) I love this the best....it might be slow going, but in the long run, it is safe & healthy.....I love it!!!!!

I'm on WW. I was doing really well, but sort of fell out during summer school. Now I'm back OP and lost 2.8 pounds this week. Once I hit my 10% I'm awarding myself a new handbag. Seems that retail therapy gets me through most of my plateaus :) . I especially love the WW cookbooks. I just bought the "Take Out Tonight" book and have cooked out of it for pretty much a couple of weeks now, and I don't even like to cook!!! WW definitely is a 'user friendly' program and they do most all of the work for you. I love the WW program and I like how it lets me eat 'anything in moderation'. It's a great way to look at everything in life though. In moderation, everything is good. (But it's perfectly okay to not cruise in moderation!). Here's to meeting my 10% at next week's weigh in!!!

I've been on WW since January '03, took off 70 pounds by October and have been lifetime since. DW took off almost 30 pounds. However, I have no pretense about following any sort of points on our cruise in October, so I plan on losing another 10 pounds by then to give myself some breating (gaining?) room.

Hi, another Weight Watcher member checking in here. I just restarted WW recently, and I've lost 5.6 lbs (with a ways to go!).

I did WW about 3 years ago and lost 59 lbs. It really is an easy plan to follow. Unfortunately, I gained about 1/2 of that weight back when I stopped journaling and counting points. I just let it creep back up on me over the course of a couple of years. Earlier this year I tried low-carbing. Not only was I miserable on it, but my cholesterol levels sky-rocketed. My doctor wasn't happy at all! (Plus I didn't lose any weight on it.) :( I know other people have had luck with low-carbing...but I sure didn't.

Right now I have a goal of losing at least 40 lbs before my cruise on Jan 2 (1.5 lbs per week). I'm really hoping that I can do it, and I think I can. If I do, my big problem will be trying to buy new vacation clothes suitable for the Caribbean before I leave. Here in Pennsylvania, there will be nothing on the racks but winter clothes!

Hi Sherry7,

I am also doing WW and Curves and have lost 23 lbs since May 6th!! I really love the point system and am looking forward to my cruise in December. I hope to lose an additional 35 lbs before the cruise and have the same problem as you...where in the world to buy clothes to wear on this cruise! I wonder if anyone on these boards has any ideas!! Being in Maine, the clothing changes quickly and already they are changing over to fall collections!!! Everything is on sale now, but I've stayed away from purchasing and all my summer clothes don't fit anymore!! I'm thrilled they don't, but...what does one do? Keep up the great success!! It is so hard to lose, but so easy to gain..I'm proud of you!! Phillis

Phillis, Wow that is a great loss! Congratulations! :)

It's the same thing here in Pennsylvania with the clothes. The summer clothes are already going on clearance, and some fall stuff is already out. Aaargh!!! It drives me crazy! I personally don't like catalog shopping, but I'm might be forced into doing it. I wonder when JC Penney's spring/summer catalog comes out? Knowing my luck, probably AFTER I need it. :( I'm sure I'll find something though. We are planning on spending about 5 days in Orlando before our cruise. Hmmmm, I wonder if I could do any clothes shopping there?

Hi Sherry,

You probably won't find much in the way of summer clothes in Jan., even in FL. I think JCP catalog comes out in Jan. but I'm not sure when. This is a great time to pick up clothes for next year. Maybe you can estimate how much you want to lose and get some good stuff on sale now for next year. Would this be motivation to you to keep losing? I know buying smaller sizes works for some people but not others as a motivational tool.

Hi all. congrats to all who have lost and those who are still hanging in. I have been in the program since after my cruise in the middle of May, and have lost 9 plus pounds. I weigh in tomorrow so maybe I will have lost 10 which will make me happy.

I find this is a great program. I have tried dieting but it doesn't work. This is the second time I've been on WW. DH and I went on the Navigator in May and we really enjoyed it. It was our first cruise but won't be our last as we really enjoyed it.

today I got in a pair of size 12 pants which I haven't worn in a long time. We are going out to dinner tonight. It's our anniversary, 19 short years with a wonderful man. Happy weight watching everyone!

Tonja

Hi Sherry,

You probably won't find much in the way of summer clothes in Jan., even in FL. I think JCP catalog comes out in Jan. but I'm not sure when. This is a great time to pick up clothes for next year. Maybe you can estimate how much you want to lose and get some good stuff on sale now for next year. Would this be motivation to you to keep losing? I know buying smaller sizes works for some people but not others as a motivational tool.

That's a good idea...I think I will start checking out some of the clearance sales for some summer clothes that are WAY too small. ;) I already did that for a bathing suit, I bought a new one last week that I need to lose at least 30 lbs to even think about wearing on the cruise. I hung it in the front of my closet, so it's there as a reminder everytime I open up the door.

Also, I have a bad habit of keeping every size of clothes I have worn for the last few years....I'm sure I can go through some of my packed up boxes and find some basic shorts and T's that are smaller sizes and still in style.

Hi All.. I've been doing WW since April and have lost 21 lbs!! It is a wonderful plan as you all say. My biggest worry is that I'm going to Europe in 6 weeks on a 12 day cruise and I'm going to try my best to stay OP and of course we'll be doing much walking. My question to anyone who's been to Europe (especially Italy) whilst doing WW. How did you do it successfully plus be able to try a "real" Italian Pizza and Gelato???

Sherry....by the way summer clothes are ALWAYS available in Florida. Even though they bring out the Fall clothes and then Winter clothes - the summer clothes are never entirely packed away. (You know we only have varying degrees of summer here in Central and South Florida). We have a store called Bealls which has only summer clothes all year round. You will definitely have no problem in Orlando. Enjoy your shopping!!!

Archived