Cruise Rituals do you have any??

Chucksta63

Do you have any Cruise Rituals??

I always fly in the day before if not 2!!

I always try to stay a day after the cruise!

I always get a balcony and have a drink on it before we leave port!

I always un-pack my luggage as soon as I can !

What do you do???

We try to board the ship at the earliest possible opportunity and rush up to the Windjammer for lunch to beat the crowds. Then we explore the ship. Check out our stateroom.

We always MUST be on the top deck for departure, preferably near the pool side band to hear the music. Then we have a pina colada umbrella drink and watch while we sail out of port. Our last cruise, dog gone it--it was raining when we departed port. We stood out there anyway undeterred.

We try to be on deck for every arrival and departure. Often that means being up even before the crack of dawn to watch an arrival.

My favorite port of departure is Fort Lauderdale. The tall apartment houses on the north side of the inlet, often flash lights and even blow loud horns as the cruise ships start their departure "parade" about 5:30PM. It is a wonderful sendoff.

A favorite ritual of my husband is to buy T-shirts when the ship has its T-shirt sale.

• 4 weeks later...

32055_05.jpg

Before Cruising: I always get a haircut & manicure.

When he get on the ship we always explore the ship. Try to unpack as soon as possible. We always buy a trinket from the ship.

And always send myself postcards with a brief journal diary from all our ports of call. :D

I don't eat ANY junk food for two months before the cruise.

The first junk food item I have is ALWAYS Pepsi.

We ALWAYS fly in two days before.

I ALWAYS do the Doc Dance for at least a week.

Every night, we eat in the dining room!

32055_05.jpg

Before Cruising: I always get a haircut & manicure.

When he get on the ship we always explore the ship. Try to unpack as soon as possible. We always buy a trinket from the ship.

And always send myself postcards with a brief journal diary from all our ports of call. :D

I like the idea of postcards to yourself!!!!

We always Go to my brother in-laws cabin, On the balcony and have a champage castoff party. We stand the emptys out side the door across the hall we line them up and count how many fallen soliders it takes. somewhere between 19-25 bottels. ( We travel in a group not all mine lol)

We eat every dinner in the dinning room.

WE always go a day ahead.

Our group only goes when it is a full moon either September or October.

We do at least one excursion on our own and have taxi take us to the store do buy all we need for foo foo drinks in the ocean. Then we go to a beach and have a blast mixing drinks in minnow buckets (small round styerfoam) We use throw away cups and you keep your cups to know how many drinks you have had.

Usually 8-10 each.

Then you start planning the next cruise while still at Sea.:cool:

We live just a couple of hours from the port, so we leave the house about 8 or 9 and take our time heading in the direction of the port. At some point we stop for a nice quiet breakfast, and then plan to get to the port in time to people watch. Both those at the end of their trip and those of us just starting out.

I always work an extra 10 hours the week before a cruise and an extra 20 hours the week after a cruise...it's the only way to make life bareable a month after a cruise! It's worth every hour!

I don't quite get this... working extra beforehand seems to make sense, since it could make the cruise seem an even more welcome relief from work responsibilities.

But why work extra afterwards? (Except maybe to help pay for it :D )

We always Go to my brother in-laws cabin, On the balcony and have a champage castoff party. We stand the emptys out side the door across the hall we line them up and count how many fallen soliders it takes. somewhere between 19-25 bottels. ( We travel in a group not all mine lol)

We eat every dinner in the dinning room.

WE always go a day ahead.

Our group only goes when it is a full moon either September or October Now this sounds scarry!!!

We do at least one excursion on our own and have taxi take us to the store do buy all we need for foo foo drinks in the ocean. Then we go to a beach and have a blast mixing drinks in minnow buckets (small round styerfoam) We use throw away cups and you keep your cups to know how many drinks you have had.

Usually 8-10 each.

Then you start planning the next cruise while still at Sea.:cool:

You are a party hampster!!! Want to go on our cruise!!!???

I always listen to Jimmy Buffett in the car for about a month before the cruise, buy new sunglasses, and read Cruise Critic every day! On board, we make our way from the tip top to the very bottom for the first few hours of the cruise. I try to bring the trashiest summery book I can find and spend hours reading it on the cushiest chair I can find! Paradise!

I always listen to Jimmy Buffett in the car for about a month before the cruise,QUOTE] I like this!!!!!

Chuck I have my next 3 booked come along with us. I still need to find number 4.
WOW 3 booked!!! I just finished one and going again in April.. I have to re fill the bank after that before cruising again!!!! LOL

you are the party hampster!!!!!:D

Boy do I have rituals!

Always drive or fly in at least one day before.

Get to the ship early and while driving playing Sheryl Crowe's "I Want to Soak Up the Sun" as we see the ship in the distance.

Bring a carry on and get into our swimsuits and hang out in the hot tub and the pool with a drink, and say to each other..this is the best part of the cruise, we haven't left yet and we have 7 glorious days to look forward to.

Go back to our room and pop open the bottle of champagne and chocolate covered strawberries we pre-ordered before arriving..and toast to it being the best part of the cruise,we haven't left yet and have seven glorious days to look forward to and promising each other we will savor each moment!

Only three more weeks till we are on the Mariner!!! 8/14/05!!!!:D :D :D

Archived