SLOW PLEDGE Starts Today!

SLOW MEANS... SUMMER LOSS'S OUR WAY!

Everyone has their own diet they follow..

so we all lose "our way"

It starts today and ends on September 9th,

after Labor Day! Twelve Weeks!

I will start, I haven't done as well as I wanted, and since I'm going to be gone six weeks to the river again, my pledge is to stay the same. (of course going to try and lose)

but will be so much food and drink around.

We go with friends and others join us off and on. SO I DON"T WANT A GAIN!

Good Luck Everyone!

Well, I am afraid to pledge an actual amount...because I probably won't accomplish it. Let's just say that I pledge to weigh less than I do today. That will make me very happy! (I am so esy to please!!!)

Good luck to everyone...

I'm with babylene, I pledge to keep the scale going down, no certain amount.

I have lost 30 lbs. since Feb. 2nd and still need to lose 30 more! icon_eek.gif I'm going to do it and keep it off for good too!!

Good Luck to everyone joining in the new SLOW PLEDGE!!

Ginny icon_smile.gif

HAL-Amsterdam-Alaska - 08/02

RCCL-Radiance of the Seas-Hawaii - 09/27/03

On SWIFT, I pledged 10 lbs, but didn't make it so I'm going to pledge 8. I have another vacation between now and Sept. and I'm sure I'll gain then also. icon_rolleyes.gif

Good luck everyone!

icon_smile.gifShelia icon_smile.gif

Mariner of the Seas-May, 2004

Carnival Destiny-June, 2002

I'm in too and since I have to get serious about this I'm going to pledge to lose 15 lbs. I CAN do it. Yes I can! icon_biggrin.gif

Beth

<font face='Comic Sans MS' color=6B8E23><font size="2">

<marquee width=50%>Until Mariner Reali-tini Cruise</marquee>

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=6B8E23&cdt=2005;10;16;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0400

CLICK HERE for the ROLL CALL

<center>realitini1.jpg

realitini2.gif

realitini3.gif</CENTER>

<font size="1">

I am hesitant to pledge an amount since I haven't met the pledges so far. When I started dieting, my ultimate goal was 25 lbs. I am down 18, which leaves me 7 lbs to go. I hope to lose that by the end of SLOW pledge, but I have a 9 day cruise in 4 weeks. I think that my pledge will be to keep losing and not gain too much on my cruise.

Rose

Ok, I just read through the SWIFT postings yesterday and though "COOL!" So I think I'll join you all and pledge 15 pounds. The deadline is the day before my birthday and I'd really like to lose 30 by then but I'll say 15 and adjust later.

Tami

I'm pledging inches instead of pounds. I was at my doctor today for a cholesteral re-check (it was 243 in Dec). Anyway, my weight was 122 and he said he really didn't want me to lose much more weight as it was a good weight for my body, but he wanted me to add more weight/strength training to tone up the flab.

So, I want to lose half of the "wingspan" under my arms and furm up the tummy pudge. When I get home to a tape measure I can come up with specifics.

Kathy

Last Cruise -- Maasdam - E. Carrib - 11/03

Next Cruise -- Volendam - Eastfarer - 12/04

I'll join in too! Pledging to lose 8 pounds,that should make my pants fit better.

Robin

Norwegian 1994

Empress of the Seas 1994

Monarch of the Seas 1997

Sovereign of the Seas 1998

Regal Empress 1999

Century 1999

Enchantment of the Seas 2001

Explorer of the Seas 2002

Horizon 2002

Navigator of the Seas 2003

Adventure of the Seas 2004

Count me in -- at age 54 the weight isn't coming off as easy as it used to. Working two jobs, it's hard to find time to exercise and I'M TIRED. Going to drink more water and walk more if I can find the time and energy. Pledging 10 for me. Wish me luck. Hugs and prayers to one and all.

Jacki

Sovereign July 2000

Sovereign August 2000

Imagination July 2001

Sovereign August 2001

Paradies June 2002

Pride August 2002

Sensation March 2003

Enchantment May 2003

Sovereign October 2003

Sensation January 2004

Mariner May 2004

With a crazy food, drink, fun, and traveling summer ahead, I will be happy to stay the same. But, will pledge 4 pounds to keep me on track. I won't promise the loss, but will promise to keep up some kind of exercise program.

I'm in! I pledge to lose 15lbs by then! I've lost 6lbs so far in 2 weeks, so hopefully I'll be at my mini goal of 20lbs. I was looking for a support group for losing weight, I knew I could come to cruisecritic and find a good one!

sw - 204

cw - 198

gw for slow - 183

1998-RCCI-Grandeur of the Seas

1999-CCL-Sensation

2001-NCL-Sea

2002-RCCI-Rhapsody of the Seas

2003-NCL-Dawn

2003 October-NCL-Wind

I've never taken part in your pledging, LOL. But since we're cruising in Sept, I'll jump in. Have lost 2 pounds in 2 weeks and want to lose a pound a week for total of 8 pounds . Too many trips this year= weight gain! love to eat while vacationing, not to mention the Cabernet icon_eek.gif

Grandeur 6/98

Sovereign 3/00

Jubilee 1/02

Voyager6/02

Navigator 1/03

Sensation 4/03

Enchantment 9/03

Mariner 1/04

Enchantment 9/04

I'm jumping in on the pledge,loose 15lbs..I have just lost 15 in 5 weeks and lots more where that came from. I have never taken a challenge like this and with all of us with cruise or two ahead of us what a great way to start in our planning.

Yes Miriam you can pledge to stay the same.

I am because of going away. Yours is because you don't want to lose more. (Wish that was me)

Staying Healthy is what you have to do.

Welcome LLinda, glad your joining us at last!

Glad to see you.

Everyone I'm glad your pledging too. I know YOU will

try to make your SLOW Pledge this summer!

Good Luck to us ALL. Know Summer is hard but..

WE WILL DO IT!

I am in too! I would like to loose 20 Lbs before Oct. 2, 2004. I am trying to get off of the Coca Cola and on to the Coca Cola C2 (new variety, 1/2 the sugar, 1/2 carbs and 1/2 calories) but only limited to one a day. WATER, WATER, WATER! Walk, excersise. I hope that I can do this, for ME!

Good Luck ALL!

*10/03* Elation! Do as you please I am cruisin'!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2004;10;03;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600

Archived