Which ship would you prefer for a shorter cruise?

pcrum

We have to take one more cruise in 2013 to qualify for platinum. While my first choice is a week on the Dream, it doesn't look like our schedules will allow us to take that much time, so I'm looking at shorter cruises. Since it's a short cruise, I don't want to drive too far from our home in Orlando, so I'm asking experienced CCs which Fantasy class ship they prefer: Ecstasy, Fascination, Sensation, Paradise or Imagination. Imagination has the best prices, but the drive to Miami is a deterrent. Does anyone know for sure which ship has been upgraded the most recently? I have done some research and it looks like Fascination has the most recently refurbishment, but again, that's about a 4 hour drive from Orlando, which I don't mind for a longer trip, but for a shorter one, seems kind of silly.

Any input is appreciated. I wish the Inspiration was still in Tampa...I'd do that one again in a heartbeat. The Paradise just seems a bit old and to my knowledge has not been upgraded recently, but I'm open to suggestions!

Thanks so much for any input!

you cant go wrong with any of them! I have been on the sensation, fascination and imagination. The sensation was my first cruise...and now im obsessed lol. if you don't want to drive far...do the sensation. other wise, the fascination and imagination (done the imagination twice) were GREAT!

We have to take one more cruise in 2013 to qualify for platinum. While my first choice is a week on the Dream, it doesn't look like our schedules will allow us to take that much time, so I'm looking at shorter cruises. Since it's a short cruise, I don't want to drive too far from our home in Orlando, so I'm asking experienced CCs which Fantasy class ship they prefer: Ecstasy, Fascination, Sensation, Paradise or Imagination. Imagination has the best prices, but the drive to Miami is a deterrent. Does anyone know for sure which ship has been upgraded the most recently? I have done some research and it looks like Fascination has the most recently refurbishment, but again, that's about a 4 hour drive from Orlando, which I don't mind for a longer trip, but for a shorter one, seems kind of silly.

Any input is appreciated. I wish the Inspiration was still in Tampa...I'd do that one again in a heartbeat. The Paradise just seems a bit old and to my knowledge has not been upgraded recently, but I'm open to suggestions!

I would do the Ecstasy from PC, or Fascination from Jax. Mainly because you can get a short cruise with one of the stops at HMC or LSC. Orlando to Jax is only about 150 miles so that can be driven in 3 hours or less.

Anytime you can avoid sailing out of Miami is a good thing, therefore, I would cancel out the Imagination and why drive to Jaxsonville if you don't have to???

I live in the Orlando area and will be taking my third cruise in November on the Sensation...it's a quick drive to the Port and the Sensation always provides a great cruise experience. We park at an off-site parking lot which saves a lot of money (we only pay half of the going rate charged at the Port garage).

We have always been very happy with the Sensation staff, the overall cleanliness of the ship, the quality of the food, the check-in process, etc. The Sensation has a rotisserie on the Lido deck that has delicious chicken for lunch and this area also serves as a carving station.

We can't wait to sail on the Sensation again.

We are sailing for the 4th time on the Fascination this November....it will be our Platinum cruise also....I liked the Dream and the Freedom ... but my favorite ships have been the ones out of Jacksonville:)

I have done 3 of the 5.

I would do Ecstasy, Sensation, then Fascination in that order. I will not drive to Miami for a 3 or 4 night cruise.

Not really sure why, just liked the Ecstasy better. Good food and crew.

Had a great cruise on her and plan to have another in December.

Anytime you can avoid sailing out of Miami is a good thing, therefore, I would cancel out the Imagination and why drive to Jaxsonville if you don't have to???

I live in the Orlando area and will be taking my third cruise in November on the Sensation...it's a quick drive to the Port and the Sensation always provides a great cruise experience. We park at an off-site parking lot which saves a lot of money (we only pay half of the going rate charged at the Port garage).

We have always been very happy with the Sensation staff, the overall cleanliness of the ship, the quality of the food, the check-in process, etc. The Sensation has a rotisserie on the Lido deck that has delicious chicken for lunch and this area also serves as a carving station.

We can't wait to sail on the Sensation again.

Where do you park off-site for Port Canaveral? We were on the Sensation years ago before her last upgrades and loved her even then, so she definitely is a consideration.

Thanks so much for all of the responses. I fully appreciate the fact that these decisions fall under the category of "first world problems," but I know the kind people of CC have lots of great experience to share!

We sailed on the Ecstasy and it was one of our best cruises. We loved having dinner outside while sailing up the Mississippi after dark. We had the rear part of the ship (outdoors) to ourselves.

The off-site parking lot that we have used is parkcruise dot com

They are located five minutes from the Port, provide secure parking at half the cost and you take your car keys with you. They were very efficient and welcoming and will handle all your luggage for you. Their van will drop you off in the parking lot where there will be Porters available to check in your luggage. Upon your return, just meet your van in the same spot where they dropped you off.

I have cruised on the Imagination 3 times and Fascination once. Of the two I would choose Fascination. It was truly one our favorite of all of our cruises. The staff was above and beyond wonderful and they helped make our cruise amazing.

Cocochanel26....the OP lives in the Orlando area, I don't see any advantage to sailing out of Miami on a fantasy class ship when she lives closer to the other Ports that accommodate the same class ship. Driving 3-1/2 to 4 hours (on a good day) from Orlando to the Port of Miami on super congested 95 and through busy downtown Miami to access the Port isn't my idea of a fun way to start a cruise.

The off-site parking lot that we have used is parkcruise dot com

They are located five minutes from the Port, provide secure parking at half the cost and you take your car keys with you. They were very efficient and welcoming and will handle all your luggage for you. Their van will drop you off in the parking lot where there will be Porters available to check in your luggage. Upon your return, just meet your van in the same spot where they dropped you off.

Thanks so much for the information. We've used off site parking in Miami (Premier Parking), but not for Port Canaveral.

Thanks again.

You have plenty of answers, but here is my opinion. DW and I have sailed all 4 of these ships, with Sensation 2X and Fascination 4X. Just sailed Fascination on 6/1/13 and she is in great shape to be an older ship. Staff and food were great.

Since you're used to sailing out of Port Canaveral, give "Ecstasy" a shot. I've sailed her three times lately, and ALWAYS have a great time aboard.

Don't sell "Paradise" short though. Even though she hasn't been given the 2.0 treatment yet, that makes her BETTER, IMO. Better shows, and better entertainment overall! Also sailing out of Tampa will be easy for you, coming from Orlando. Either of those two ships will be a great cruise for you!

"SKY"

Fascination is my preference of the Fantasy class ships. Jacksonville port staff are organized and efficient. The ship's crew is awesome. And the ship is in better shape IMO. I cruised on Imagination in April, and it was my least favorite.

Have a great cruise!

Archived