Loved Carnival's Pub Crawl

GAMOM4

We were on the Carnival Freedom on May 26th-June 1st. We did the Pub Crawl for the first time ... and this was our 4th or 5th visit to Key West. We loved it!!!! Would book it again in a heartbeat! It was well worth the money...for one thing we went into bars that we would have never went into if we weren't on the Pub Crawl. Phil was our tour leader and he was great! Don't worry about whatever age you are...they were people of all ages in our group...and nobody felt left out or out of place! Highly recommend!:)

Just a rough guess maybe 12-15 .... not really sure though ... it didn't seem like to many though .... I was kind of worried when we were a huge group all waiting beside the ship..but then when he said he was dividing us into three groups it was all good

Each of the three groups started off at a different bar - (all ended up going to the same 5 though) our first stop was the Flying Monkey where you had a choice of any frozen drink - the second was Rick's - and I can't remember what the specialty drink was there - maybe a Caribbean Breeze - the Lazy Gecko was next - Rum Tree Bar was next - this was where I had a great slice of pizza and a bud light - the Schooner Wharf Bar was the last one we went to.

I didn't see anyone that didn't seem to be having a good time:)

ry%3D400ry%3D400

ry%3D400ry%3D400ry%3D400

Thanks for your post as we're considering this. Can you describe it a little more? I'm wondering how long it was, how much walking there was, how many drinks you were given, how much food was offered, what were the people like? Did people have fun and bond together or keep to themselves? Were there people doing funny/silly stuff like at Senior Frogs or Margarittaville type silly?

Thanks for your post as we're considering this. Can you describe it a little more? I'm wondering how long it was, how much walking there was, how many drinks you were given, how much food was offered, what were the people like? Did people have fun and bond together or keep to themselves? Were there people doing funny/silly stuff like at Senior Frogs or Margarittaville type silly?

I think that we had to be back at the ship to meet up with the other people that had purchased the excursion at maybe 11:00 - 11:30 (I could be wrong on the time) I would say it lasted a good couple of hours .... we got off the ship that morning and walked to the Southernmost Point (been there, done that..but always like to do it again) there were WAY to many people lined up to get a picture and for us to make it back to the ship on time.

I am not much of a walker - and I am the first one to say that .. but the walking wasn't that bad - after he divided us up in groups - you followed your leader (ours was Phil) through the port area and then the groups kind of go their different ways...the walks between the bars weren't far at all...actually some were directly across the street from each other. The longest point we had to walk to was (our last stop..probably some of the groups first stop..not sure about that) .. and it was right across from Kermit's Key Lime Pie Shop ...

As far as the food there was no food offered but you could purchase food ... the only place we purchased food (and by we .. I mean me .. my husband didn't want any was at the Pizza Place which was directly beside The Rum Tree Bar (I think) but I notice that some of the people were not staying exactly with the group and were getting something quick to eat...like in one of the places a man gave me one of his drink coupons because he had two his wife decided to walk back to the Flying Monkey because she wanted to purchase another frozen drink.

The people were such a HUGE variety of people..I was so worried that we would't "fit in" because we are in our late 40's but honestly there were people of all ages....we spent a lot of time talking to a newlywed couple from New York/New Jersey....and with us being from Georgia...they liked our accents (of course we don't think we have accents). We talked to several of the other people ... it was just a good experience ... a few drinks had most people feeling happy ... not drunk ... we did purchase extra drinks in some of the places. I saw a couple of people in one of the other groups because we passed them and they kind of acted like the Senor Frogs crowd ... but the ones we were with were all just happy.

One of the things I liked the best .. is not a single one of the bars were ones we had stopped at before..we usually make the customary stops for a drink a t-shirt at Sloppy Joes or the Hog's Breath ... I would definitely book it again!

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the info! I will be in Key West on 10/28 and I just looked at the excursions offered and I do not see this one listed? Is it possible it could have filled up, or are they no longer offering it??

Thanks!

Thanks for the info! I will be in Key West on 10/28 and I just looked at the excursions offered and I do not see this one listed? Is it possible it could have filled up, or are they no longer offering it??

Thanks!

I am on the same cruise! I had it saved under my favorites. It's called the Key West Pub Crawl. It still shows it is available. I need to book it before it sells out.

I am on the same cruise! I had it saved under my favorites. It's called the Key West Pub Crawl. It still shows it is available. I need to book it before it sells out.

oh Nice! This is going to be a great cruise! There are 4 of us going and are really leaning towards this crawl, but I am still unable to view it! I go to the website and click off shore excursions and all that is available is the conch train, parasail, dolphins, catamaran, and discover key west. hmmm. does it list a price on the screen you are looking at? Maybe I will have to call them...?:confused:

oh Nice! This is going to be a great cruise! There are 4 of us going and are really leaning towards this crawl, but I am still unable to view it! I go to the website and click off shore excursions and all that is available is the conch train, parasail, dolphins, catamaran, and discover key west. hmmm. does it list a price on the screen you are looking at? Maybe I will have to call them...?:confused:

Huh! That is weird. It shows it is $39.99 a person. You get a t shirt & 5 drink coupons. I am trying to pull it back up now & the website is acting funny. I did pull it up again. It shows on my list. I am actually logged in under my cruise manager on Carnival. Not sure if that makes a difference. Good luck! If it doesn't work this time I would just call.

Huh! That is weird. It shows it is $39.99 a person. You get a t shirt & 5 drink coupons. I am trying to pull it back up now & the website is acting funny. I did pull it up again. It shows on my list. I am actually logged in under my cruise manager on Carnival. Not sure if that makes a difference. Good luck! If it doesn't work this time I would just call.

I just pulled it up on mine also...and we are on the November 16th sailing.

• 3 weeks later...

Also. How much do drinks cost at each of these bars? I assume a person could walk to these bars without booking the Pub Crawl? You know in case I can't tag along if i end up pregnant and my family still wants to go party. :) Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
Was there LIVE music on any of the bars on your Pub Crawl?

LuLu

~~~~

There was live music at of the bars on the pub crawl....I know the last bar we went to had live music...and I think maybe it was Rick's that had music also.

I have done the Pub crawl 4 times in Key West!! It is so much fun. Myself and 3 friends have booked it again for our Carnival cruise - in port on 10/29. You will have a blast. We have met people from all over the world and have remained friends with them through facebook and actually have a Pub Crawl cruise reunion in the works with them. The second Pub crawl we did had about 35 people in the group.(ages from late 20's to the mid 50's) About 21 of us hung out the rest of the cruise together, having a blast and making memories. Looking forward to meeting new friend on this upcoming pub crawl also. Book it - you will not regret it!!

Archived