Anyone stayed in an Ocean Suite?

Tybro

We're thinking about bumping up to an ocean suite. They have some available on Empress deck. Would like to hear from anyone who has stayed in one or has actual pics. Is it worth it?

Thank you

We had one last month on Glory. Everyone has their own perspective on whether it is worth it. We get balconies but decided on a suite this time because we were celebrating a big birthday for DH and he wanted it.

We spend a lot more time in our cabin than most people.

My favorite parts were the 2 sinks and there were way more drawers and closets than we could ever need.

Depending on the itinerary and who is or is not with us. If it's just hubby and myself then we prefer suites for the extra room and the fact that we will spend more time in the cabin. We are sailing for Christmas with daughter and her friend and we have opted for two adjoining balconies. Pricing saved us money and this way we will be able to be in contact with the girls as they are 20 and will do their own thing, but as a mother, I need to know they are safe and having fun!

Would never do less than a balcony -

Go on YouTube and type your ship and "ocean Suite". Chances are someone stayed in one and video'd it. Worst case scenario, it will be an ocean suite on another ship of the same class. This way you get a chance to see what that class of stateroom looks like.

Are the balconies larger in the ocean suites rather than the normal balcony room?

We were in an OS on the Breeze (Cabin 7364) and have several pics posted on cruiseline rooms .com The balconies are the length of the cabin holding two chairs, a table and a lounger. They are the same as a regular balcony in width from cabin to railing. We loved it but on our next cruise we are in an aft-wrap.

We were in an OS on the Breeze (Cabin 7364) and have several pics posted on cruiseline rooms .com The balconies are the length of the cabin holding two chairs, a table and a lounger. They are the same as a regular balcony in width from cabin to railing. We loved it but on our next cruise we are in an aft-wrap.

We were in an aft-wrap on the Triumph last year and loved it. We have an OS in November so we will compare.

On the Legend?

the only suite I think is worth the money is the ones on the back corners except for deck 5.

I would stay with your 8K- extended balcony and not pay the money for the upgrade.

How long will you be spending in the cabin?

How long will you be on the balcony.

We are in the cabin to sleep, shower and change. Even at night = we are sitting on the balcony instead of watching tv

We just returned from the Valor and we had an OS. We loved it, we had our 11 year old daughter with us so it was great having the extra storage space, extra sink and more shower space. She loved the whirlpool tub. We had empty drawers and closet space and I thought we took a bunch of crap......but didn't fill it up. As for the price, it was worth it.......however, if it was just the hubby and I would not spend that extra for the OS as a regular balcony is plenty for us. We do not spend that much time in our cabin.

We're thinking about bumping up to an ocean suite. They have some available on Empress deck. Would like to hear from anyone who has stayed in one or has actual pics. Is it worth it?

Thank you

In April I was in an ocean suite on the Liberty (cabin # 7274, search online to see it). For me I think it cost about $50 total to upgrade because prices kept dropping. Having sailed mostly on Royal over the years (in either balcony or suite), I personally feel that Carnival suite is not half as nice. Yes, the room is larger, but it's pretty much exactly like their balcony cabin, just larger. They have a jetted tub - never used it, but having more of a normal size shower was great. And the balcony is a bit longer, same width as a normal balcony cabin - no lounger, it had 3 chairs, 1 small table. IF the cost were a lot to upgrade, it's not worth it on Carnival and I'd stick with a balcony.

Just stayed in an ocean suite on Valor last month and loved it. Would love to book one again, but very pricey. We only did it because price dropped quite a bit right after Triumph incident and we took advantage of the upgrade..it only cost us around $1K for each of us. Having the extra space was great, especially for DH having a mobility scooter and we weren't tripping over it in the room all the time. I loved having my own room with vanity mirror and closets. I only used whirlpool tub once.

I do not think it would be worth it if we paid regular full price though. And beware - we were right outside glass elevators which has an opening in the wall and a railing where you can look right down to deck 3 and lobby....so when in your room, you hear EVERYTHING coming over the microphone from whatever is going on for entertainment..as if the entertainment is right in your room! So choose carefully.

I think it depends on what you are trading from. I love the aft exetnded balconies on some ships and like them better than the OS. They have great balconies. But with suites you do get the whirlpool tubs and that can make all the difference in the world to some people... especailly to "The Woman to Blame".

There are also some Oceanview cabins on the Breeze (and others) that have a "mini-tub bathroom" as well as a regular bathroom with a shower. These are great if the tub is important to you but not the balcony. They are quite a bit cheaper than an OS... about 2 for 1.

Decisions... Decisions. In the end I say go for the suite. You may never go back, but as someone earlier said, "Happy Wife = Happy Life".

Bob

Searching for Kokomo

Had an ocean suite on my Miracle cruise this past January, and it was really worth the few extra $$$. Also, on all Spirit class ships, the ocean suites have the extended balconies as well. But I really loved the bigger bathroom & vanity area in these suites. Haven't had a suite since my 2002 Destiny cruise.

I was in an Ocean Suite on the Carnival Sunshine sailing of 5/17/13. It was huge. I loved the tub & also the vanity area outside of the bathroom. More electrical outlets, as well in the Suite. The balcony was much bigger, too.

We are on the Sunshine and booked the Cloud 9 Spa Suite, we have had suites before. But I booked this as a surprise for the husband. We are in 12002 anyone stay in this cabin or one like it.

3/2015 Carnival Dream

4/2014 Carnival Sunshine

5/2013 Carnival Fascination

5/2012 Carnival Conquest

1/2011 Carnival Truimph

2/2010 Carnival Truimph

1/2009 Carnival Freedom

4/2008 Carnival Fantasy

Deborah&date=4-6-2014&text=Early Anniversary Cruise&ship=Carnival Sunshine

countdown.pl?image=Beach-10&name=&date=5-11-2013&text=30 Anniversary Cruise&ship=Carnival Fascination

Deborah&date=3-20-2015&text=Time to cruise. I am ready&ship=Carnival Dream

Archived