Cabana in Labadee?

NovCruisin

We want to book a cabana in Labadee but I am SO confused by the various options and hopefully some one can clarify for me so I know what I am talking about when I call to book! :)

- What are the different types of cabanas? (I have seen some on the beach, some on a hill, and some over water...is that it?)

- What is the difference between cabanas on Nellies and on Barefoot (I think that's the other beach)?

- What is the best cabana (in your opinion)?

- Can you choose your desired cabana specifically or are you randomly assigned by type?

I'm sure I have other questions floating around in my head I can't think of now :rolleyes: so if you can give me any more info it would be much appreciated!!

TIA!!!

What are the different types of cabanas? (I have seen some on the beach, some on a hill, and some over water...is that it?)

Yes that's it.

What is the difference between cabanas on Nellies and on Barefoot (I think that's the other beach)?

Pretty much same style, furnishings etc but different location; NOTE, Barefoot beach cabanas are for suite guest only. If you are not a suite guest but rent a Nellies beach Cabana, you will be able to access the barefoot beach to swim and have the upgraded buffet lunch.

What is the best cabana (in your opinion)?

I am going for a "On the Hill" but too each his own. Why? Little more privacy.

Can you choose your desired cabana specifically or are you randomly assigned by type?

You can try asking, But I believe it's a first come first serve policy.

Enjoy your cruise (and cabana, if you decide to go with one). They seem to have gotten very popular.

• 1 month later...

We want to book a cabana in Labadee but I am SO confused by the various options and hopefully some one can clarify for me so I know what I am talking about when I call to book!

we booked ours on board at explorations desk

- What are the different types of cabanas? (I have seen some on the beach, some on a hill, and some over water...is that it?)

The cabanas are all the same, just in different locations with one exception. There are some that are for suite guests and are through a gate. There is a concierge that will give you a bracelet that allows you to come and go

- What is the difference between cabanas on Nellies and on Barefoot (I think that's the other beach)?

One of the beaches, don't remember the name, is like a gated community with wristbands. They also serve a private lunch at that one. I believe each rental would hold up to six guests.

- What is the best cabana (in your opinion)?

We were further back on the beach but it only took about 1 minute to walk to the water. I can't believe that there are any bad locations.

- Can you choose your desired cabana specifically or are you randomly assigned by type?

You check in at the entrance to the cabana area and they are preassigned. There is a cabana guy assigned to every two or three cabanas.

A few follow ups to Eeyore66's great replies:

"- What are the different types of cabanas? (I have seen some on the beach, some on a hill, and some over water...is that it?)"

If you look at the excursions available for the cruise, there are 3 different Cabana types listed:

ZL88 - Beach Cabana - Over The Water at Nellie's Beach ($250)

ZL89 - Beach Cabana - Hillside at Nellie's Beach ($225)

Difference between those two is a) they are available to all guests, and the Over The Water have direct water access.

The third one is not actually listed (I just looked, but did not see it), and that is for Cabana's on Barefoot Beach, which is for Suite Guests only. You would contact the concierge for that I believe.

As for the differences in Nellie's Beach Cabana's and those at Barefoot Beach, as I mentioned, the Barefoot Beach cabana's are for Suite guests, as is Barefoot Beach itself. With that said, if you pay for a Cabana on Nellie's beach (either type) you will get a wristband that allows you entrance to the Barefoot Beach area for the "upgraded" lunch buffet, which has some additional items on it like steak, etc. From what I understand, it is only access to the buffet and not access to the Barefoot Beach area as a whole. To what degree they police that for those who get this upgraded buffet, I am not sure but will know next May! :)

Archived