The Haven

shaun07

There has been a lot of " discussion" recently about The Haven and the lack of a code of conduct etc.

I am wondering if anyone has sailed recently in The Haven and if any of the crew have mentioned anything about rules coming into effect soon.

I want to book the gem but I am holding back because I am nervous about booking it until I know what my expectations of The Haven should be.

There has been a lot of " discussion" recently about The Haven and the lack of a code of conduct etc.

I am wondering if anyone has sailed recently in The Haven and if any of the crew have mentioned anything about rules coming into effect soon.

I want to book the gem but I am holding back because I am nervous about booking it until I know what my expectations of The Haven should be.

Some of us received naughty letters from CC for talking about this the other day. That may be why you're hearing crickets. It's a no no subject. :)

Some of us received naughty letters from CC for talking about this the other day. That may be why you're hearing crickets. It's a no no subject. :)

It's not that it is a no no subject. It has more to do with some of the interpersonal interactions in those threads. And most of the "naughty letters" probably had to do with questioning the management of the boards and asking why things were deleted.

It's not that it is a no no subject. It has more to do with some of the interpersonal interactions in those threads. And most of the "naughty letters" probably had to do with questioning the management of the boards and asking why things were deleted.

There was a thread where someone said that they were trying to get answers to what the OP is asking. That was the first one that was deleted and we couldn't figure out what was wrong with that thread. So, I'm thinking it is a no no subject.

Oh!! Ok. Makes sense. Thought we were not allowed talk about anything negative.

Oh!! Ok. Makes sense. Thought we were not allowed talk about anything negative.

Are you kidding me. There is so much negative about NCL that is allowed here. I could add more but we are not allowed to discuss the management of these boards. :rolleyes:

I was a couple of weeks ago on the Jewel. Weren't you on the Breakaway?

Yes but the issues were raised after I got back so I am just wondering if anything has changed or if anyone has heard mention of planned changes.

I've been thinking the same thing. I am wanting to book The Haven on the Jewel but am a little leery. We travel when school is in and I am hoping that will make a difference. Its not that I don't like kids - I even have some - but mine are all grown up and I prefer not to listen to someone else's while I am trying to relax. I would love to hear other's experiences.

Does this mean we won't hear what NCL said? I don't want to book a Haven suite until I hear their answers to the questions that were asked.

If it helps, I was on the Gem 3 times in the past 5 months, all Haven 2 bedrooms, I heard from NCL last week and I have booked 2 more Gem cruises in the Haven for Jan & Feb 2014.

Andrea

I find these comments so very interesting.

Some folks have recently been in the haven and have rebooked.

Others are NOT GOING TO BOOK until they get some answers.

If you want some answers about something from NCL - do not ask here. Call or write them with your questions.

I find these comments so very interesting.

Some folks have recently been in the haven and have rebooked.

Others are NOT GOING TO BOOK until they get some answers.

If you want some answers about something from NCL - do not ask here. Call or write them with your questions.

I did. They "took it under advisement" that's why I asked if anyone heard or seen any changes.

The thread has gone silent as has Miss Nancy (the person who was going to do the Q&A) so I have no idea whether or not we'll hear anything regarding the questions that people put up for asking of the NCL 'interview'. I'm thinking that's gone with the wind and if you want to know anything of an 'up to date' nature, you're probably going to have to ask NCL directly (even if you have in the past) or hope that someone responds to this thread who actually knows the answer (and by 'someone' that means people who have sailed in the last 2-3 weeks)

I don't know. I am also waiting to hear before I book

Well, here was their answer to the question about problems in The Haven:

What steps are Norwegian taking to keep The Haven Courtyard serene?

Norwegian Cruise Line welcomes all types of guests (families, couples, solos, etc) onboard our ships and in The Haven. We understand that our guests that book suites in The Haven are looking for a relaxing vacation. We are monitoring the behavior of our guests at all times and in all areas with our ship board management to ensure our standard rules and policies are followed.

I guess, if they don't know what is happening, I'll refrain from booking a Haven suite. Obviously, they don't monitor the behavior of guest on all cruises, from the recent experiences some posters have had. Maybe corporate has their head in the sand about this or they just don't want to make any waves or just don't care or the Haven suites are always booked.

The thread has gone silent as has Miss Nancy (the person who was going to do the Q&A) so I have no idea whether or not we'll hear anything regarding the questions that people put up for asking of the NCL 'interview'. I'm thinking that's gone with the wind and if you want to know anything of an 'up to date' nature, you're probably going to have to ask NCL directly (even if you have in the past) or hope that someone responds to this thread who actually knows the answer (and by 'someone' that means people who have sailed in the last 2-3 weeks)

Sorry psyco, I was very busy with my blog and articles on weebly that I haven't been on CC very much. I just received the answers today and I posted them within moments of opening the email. It was really nothing more than my having nothing to report which kept me from posting.

Well, here was their answer to the question about problems in The Haven:

What steps are Norwegian taking to keep The Haven Courtyard serene?

Norwegian Cruise Line welcomes all types of guests (families, couples, solos, etc) onboard our ships and in The Haven. We understand that our guests that book suites in The Haven are looking for a relaxing vacation. We are monitoring the behavior of our guests at all times and in all areas with our ship board management to ensure our standard rules and policies are followed.

I guess, if they don't know what is happening, I'll refrain from booking a Haven suite. Obviously, they don't monitor the behavior of guest on all cruises, from the recent experiences some posters have had. Maybe corporate has their head in the sand about this or they just don't want to make any waves or just don't care or the Haven suites are always booked.

Sounds like the typical "form letter" answer that was expected, unfortunately.

:(

I'm not cancelling our suite ONLY because I booked this particular cruise for the cabin, not The Haven ... but .... I can tell you that I will visit The Haven and see what it is like .... and will also be reading others experiences here. This may very well be the only suite I book on NCL. IMO it's insane to spend that kind of money and be subjected to a Walmart type of atmosphere.

Sorry psyco, I was very busy with my blog and articles on weebly that I haven't been on CC very much. I just received the answers today and I posted them within moments of opening the email. It was really nothing more than my having nothing to report which kept me from posting.

Oh hon no I wasn't saying anything negative about your not having posted the answers yet. With all the thread deleting and hand slapping of posters that went on the other day, I half expected to see something from you regarding the status of what was going on, that's all :)

Honestly, thank you for taking the time not only to conduct the interview but for posting the replies for the rest of us. Something you didn't have to do but so thoughtful of you to do it anyway :)

Archived