Which diet are you following?

Rubia...many years ago, when I took my sons to the Toronto Science Museum,I saw that they had a section on diets. According to the scientists, Weight Watchers is the best programme. It is something you can follow for life. Good luck with it.

I'm following a low-calorie maintenance diet, focusing on lots of fresh fruits and vegetables, lean protein, and strategic use of meal replacements, known as "Healthy Solutions" from HMR (Health Management Resources). I've been maintaining a 90-100 pound weight loss for two years.

countdown.cgi?srgb=00ff00&dd=cd&trgb=ffffff&prgb=ffd700&cdt=2005;1;29;22;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500&ft=5&frgb=ffd700

RCI - Serendade of the Seas (S. Carib.)

My Diet is eat what I want, when I want it... I have been able to maintain my weight, somewhat, with that philosophy. I don't deny myself anything. I am not a fan of sweets, but I AM a carb lover, and I do not exersize at all. I have found that any time I actually do a "diet", that as soon as I quit, I gain. That is ALWAYS gonna happpen. This way.. *MY* way, I don't have any huge gains, and I am happier... To each his own...

Pam : )

Emerald Seas 6/20/83

Nordic Empress 6/93

Imagination 3/30/00

Ecstasy 9/4/00

Majesty of the Seas 10/27/00

Triumph 12/16/00

Radiance of the Seas

3/26/01 & 3/29/01

Crown Odyssey 6/24/01

Golden Princess 10/11/01

Spirit 11/11/01

Sensation GGC 1/13/02

Sovereign of the Seas 3/24/02

Imagination 5/18/02

Pride 11/2/02

Explorer of the Seas 3/29/03

Enchantment of the Seas 9/1/03

Serenade of the Seas 10/28/03

Grand Princess 11/16/03

check out my pics at http://community.webshots.com/user/lunyma

Babylene, i agree with you. I find myself eating pretty much everything and still feel satisfied. Now Applebee's has a WW menu so we can go out to eat at a place outside and still enjoy my meals with the family. For us, that's the place to go.

Happy Cruising To All!!

~ * Glory * ~

00000candy10.gif

Radiance of the Seas 03/04

Cunard Countess 07/79

I began Atkins on 8/4/03 and after induction switched to South Beach which I was on until recently. I'm now trying to eat "healthy" with lots of fruits,veggies,lean meats and whole grains. I try to stay away from white bread, pastas, white pototoes, etc. I've lost 43 lbs and am 7 lbs away from my goal. I think we all have to experiment with what works best for us. I feel this is a WOE that I can live with. (with occasionals sins) icon_biggrin.gif

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2004;10;15;6;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Diamond Princess

<center>

<a href="http://www.escati.com/counter98/free_time_codes.htm">

time98.gif</center>

I'm not following any specific diet. I try to make good food choices such as fruits, vegetables, lean means and I try to stay away from processed foods and sodas. I don't deprive myself if I crave sweets, instead I give in and indulge but in moderation. My portions are controlled and I only eat when hungry plus I try to exercise regularly.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=dc143c&cdt=2004;11;14;8;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800 First Cruise

I have been on LA Weight Loss and have lost 21 1/2 pounds in 12 weeks, half way to my goal. I lost 40 pounds doing it in the past but I find it is really hard dieting in the summer being that there are more places to go and things going on. Good luck to all of you trying to lose!

When my DH & I started our WOE, we decided to make a plan that we could stay on for the rest of our lives. What we came up with is lean meats (mostly chicken & fish), veggies, fruits, whole grain breads, and lots of water. What we don't consume are sodas, white potatoes, rice, pasta is limited to once or twice a month, no white bread, and refined sugars. We wait at least 30 min after dinner before we can have a healthy snack like fruit, popcorn (no butter), or low carb yogurt. We read all labels and watch our calorie and fat intake.

We exercise everyday and ride our stationary bike at least 30 min everyday.

I've lost 20 pounds since starting in mid February and my DH has lost 35 pounds. :)

Even on our cruise, when we ate pretty much anything we wanted, we didn't gain a whole lot of weight. But, we took the stairs almost all the time and even visited the workout room a few times.

This is a plan that we have had no trouble staying on. We also feel the best we have felt in many, many years!

BTW, I'm 48 and my DH is 47 years young.

Lynn

I pretty much do what I want also. I use software to calculate my calories. I try to stick to 2000 calories a day. This means I can eat whatever I want, but I stop and think about how much fat it has and calories and is it worth it. I have gotten to the place where I no longer crave french fries and greasy stuff. I crave things like bagels with strawberry cream cheese, and believe it or not, chili beans. I have lost 25 lbs in the last 4 months but still have around 50 lbs to go.

I started WW in February and have lost 36 pounds however, I have gained .4 over the last 2 weeks. Gotta get back on track! I hope to lose 14 more before our cruise in August. I know I can do it, I just have to get back on program--more water, better choices, more activity. If I don't, it's not the end of the world. I'll just get back with the program when we get back.

however, I have gained .4 over the last 2 weeks. Gotta get back on track!
I think it is important to remember that scale-weight is incredibly variable. Folks should be taking action based on three-week (for me) and four-week ROLLING AVERAGES, not week-to-week (and eGads! surely not day-to-day) scale-weight. Rolling averages is the only way to make scale-weight even remotely useful as a weight-loss and weight-loss maintenance monitoring tool.

My husband and I both avoid all red meat, pork and poultry. Fish is the only meat we eat. I limit Coke to one a week, and fried food to once a week too. (When I try to deprive and say Never, I end up gorging). We don't buy any junk food, because if it's in the house we'll eat it. And I basically practice what I guess is called portion control. I try to eat resonable amounts of whatever I have. Doing this, we both maintain healthy weights at the low end of the range.

Now, when we travel, I eat as much as I want - lots of cheese and rich food, and don't count calories at all. We are basically on our feet exploring from morning to night, so it all balances out. It's hard when we return from a trip though, because I've gotten used to eating all I want. I'm looking forward to big meals on the cruise!

I call mine "The Third Grade Math Diet". It is just Calories Out is less than or equal to Calories In. Whatever I eat and however I burn it. This was the only thing that worked for me. (I Love Carbs!) I started just over a year ago and by the time of my cruise in late August I had lost 42 lbs. I didn't gain anything during the cruise (weight one week before vs. weight one week after) and then went on a less restrictive form of it after the cruise and lost 17 more by late January. Put 9 back on and am maintaining with modified plan.

My Philosophy - The best diet for you is one that works for you and that you will follow! There is no "Right" Answer:)

Chuck

My DH and I are doing South Beach. It fits our lifestyle and is easy to follow. It is a diet we can stick with for a long time. Good luck with whatever plan you choose. There are a lot of good ones out there. You just need to find the one that is right for you. :)

I've been on Weight Watchers since January and have lost 14.8 pounds as of my weigh in this morning. I'm a slow (weight) loser and fell off track through summer school (Medical Microbiology and Statistics got the best of me through June). I'm back on track now, lost 2.8 pounds this week. I have 2.5 more pounds to lose until my 10% goal. I still have a ways to go but by taking it off slow, I keep it off. WW makes it easy for me and I'm going to start boosting my activity points now with my new best friend, my 23 month old Greyhound (retired racer), Eddie!!! He gets naughty if he doesn't get his daily walk (at least one mile a day and a romp at the doggy park). So far he's the best piece of 'exercise equipment' that I've ever adopted!!!

Here's to losing and cruising!!!

I lost 40 lbs in the past year. Although that was my goal, I have put 10 back on. I find it harder to keep it off than to loose it. I didn't follow any specific plan. I ate healthy and exercised. I watched calories and fat. I call it the "label reading" diet. Low carb. diets never worked for me. I've slacked off w/ summer vacation, but I'm back at it. I cruise in October and want to reach my goal, AGAIN. :D

DW and I have lost 25 and 70 pounds, respectively on WW. We joined January '03 and we both reached lifetime in the fall. DW maintains well, but I can yo-yo; up ten pounds and lose it before the next monthly weigh-in. We both plan on being below our goal weight by October's cruise, so we won't stress much about the inevitable weight gain.

Love the diet. They had fried shrimp in the galley for lunch today. Instead of saying no I had the shrimp and just calculated the points. That's why there's flex points.:D

I have been going to Metabolic Research Center since April and have lost 35 pounds and have 12 to go. I did the same program 6 years ago and the pounds fell off a lot faster then. I just joined Curves because of all the people on CC saying how good it is. It is a lot harder than I expected. I have been working muscles that haven't moved in twenty years! My cruise isn't until next April and we always get the picture folio with the ship and us. My plan is to remove my fat photo and replace it with the new improved model!

My favorite drink now is Diet Rite cola. I was a diet coke fanatic for years! I am talking that I drank diet coke for every meal and in between. But I went cold turkey for 2 months and only drank water and protein drinks. So after 2 months any soda tastes good!

Diane

I started Atkins WOE 1/1/03. I lost 70 pounds last year and ten more this year. I've learned to eat healthy carbs, it isn't a no carb program like some seem to think. No whites; sugar, flour, rice or pasta. I eat natural fats instead of chemicaly(sp) formated ones. I snak on nuts and berries. I try to get most of my carbs from veggies. My daughter does WW and she charted me for a while. I was right in there where I was suppose to.

After losing 80 pounds without going hungry, I can live with this WOE.

Melody

I had gastric banding done 12 weeks ago and have lost a little over 50 lbs. The doc said by November, the week after I get back from cruising I should be past the 100 lb mark gone and should be no more than about 30 lbs from my goal.

I still have to follow an eating plan, low fat, only carbs from veggies, only thin sliced deli meats, protein shakes. I cant eat any bread, pasta etc, my body rejects it, thank goodness. There are a lot of foods my body wont tolerate anymore. Right now I can eat about 3oz of food at a time. Over time I will gradually go up to 8 oz.. about the size of a lean cuisine, which lasts me about 3 meals now if I want to keep eating it that long.. blech.

Even with the surgery it still goes back to limited portions and exercise, which didnt work for me before the surgery but is now so it is all good.

Archived