Purchasing Bottles of Liquour & Taking it Onboard (spank me!)

richarduk

Smuggling liquor on board a ship sure sounds like something a teenager would do. Rum Runners, putting liquor in water and wine bottles....sounds childish to me.

Sounds like fun to me. And it's always been foolproof!;)

It's not a list of no problems on me. It's a list of people need to look in the mirror, before they put down someone for wanted to bring a bottle. If 2 bottles of wine can come on, and a person can abuse that in one sitting, it might not be the hard stuff but its still alcohol. Celebrity is more for the older type clientele , most know how to control their liqueur. We are not a bunch on teenagers or 20's year olds.

As we know it is against Celebrities policy, will you get thrown off. Not, unless you act like a arrogant fool. Be prepare to pay a price by losing your alcohol if your caught with a rumrunner.

Btw I don't break the rules with the other half, that's one rule I have always been good at. :) Speeding yes, coming back to work late from lunch, yes. :)

1 liter equal 16. 6 shots times.. So your bar setup is $6 per drink. No tip.

Generally a shot is 1.5 oz., so a liter would be 22 drinks.

Maybe, but he used the word. Being foolish is using bad judgment. I would say smuggling booze comes under that category.

But there is a difference between calling someone a fool and being foolish, most of us have probably been foolish sometime in our lives or at lease I hope so.;):p. Of course, perhaps there a a few out there who are perfect therefore they've never been foolish, but what dull lives they have lived.:p

Generally a shot is 1.5 oz., so a liter would be 22 drinks.

You haven't drank with my other half.. He oiled say we are both wrong. :)

Sorry i was figuring 750ml bottle, not a liter. And mistyped

Smuggling liquor on board a ship sure sounds like something a teenager would do. Rum Runners, putting liquor in water and wine bottles....sounds childish to me.

Stick and stones may break my bones, but names will never hurt me. Nah nah.

Maybe, but he used the word. Being foolish is using bad judgment. I would say smuggling booze comes under that category.

That's ones own opinion. But calling someone a name because you do not agree with them is also wrong.

I don't consider it foolish just smart.. Foolish is a woman wearing a white see through dress with dark panties and bra. :D

It's not a list of no problems on me. It's a list of people need to look in the mirror, before they put down someone for wanted to bring a bottle. If 2 bottles of wine can come on, and a person can abuse that in one sitting, it might not be the hard stuff but its still alcohol. Celebrity is more for the older type clientele , most know how to control their liqueur. We are not a bunch on teenagers or 20's year olds.

As we know it is against Celebrities policy, will you get thrown off. Not, unless you act like a arrogant fool. Be prepare to pay a price by losing your alcohol if your caught with a rumrunner.

Btw I don't break the rules with the other half, that's one rule I have always been good at. :) Speeding yes, coming back to work late from lunch, yes. :)

1 liter equal 16. 6 shots times.. So your bar setup is $6 per drink. No tip.

"1 liter equal 16.6 shots times" .... Is your quote.

I was just saying that 1 liter generally equals 22 drinks, unless you're doing a free pour. :)

"1 liter equal 16.6 shots times" .... Is your quote.

I was just saying that 1 liter generally equals 22 drinks, unless you're doing a free pour. :)

It's fuzzy math after 3 shots. :eek:

That's ones own opinion. But calling someone a name because you do not agree with them is also wrong.

I don't consider it foolish just smart.. Foolish is a woman wearing a white see through dress with dark panties and bra. :D

I didn't call anyone a name. You are the one who said it was foolproof and I said the word fool somehow fit in. Just check out the dictionary.

I didn't call anyone a name. You are the one who said it was foolproof and I said the word fool somehow fit in. Just check out the dictionary.

I didn't say it.

Correct me if I'm wrong but you seem to use innuendos ... not to the special folks....childish.. And fool....

I didn't say it.

Correct me if I'm wrong but you seem to use innuendos ... not to the special folks....childish.. And fool....

Ugh, OP sorry your question has turned into a sparring match.:cool:

The brief answer to your question is that a bar set up in your cabin isn't cheap. Do the math and see if it doesn't make sense to buy a drink or two at a bar and bring them back to your cabin.

Ugh, OP sorry your question has turned into a sparring match.:cool:

The brief answer to your question is that a bar set up in your cabin isn't cheap. Do the math and see if it doesn't make sense to buy a drink or two at a bar and bring them back to your cabin.

If the bottle X provides is a liter, then a price of less than five dollars a drink, with no tip, seems like a fair price. No lugging them back from the bar, either.:)

Too true :)

How did you like the Reflection?

It's a great ship in my opinion, the only thing that I don't like are the alcoves, they take up space.

To the op, it's really up to you if you want a bar setup. I have never done a bar setup as I have done a drink package. I have used runrunners in the past to have a drink in my room. I never drank a whole bottles worth. It was a convience to me to have a little something of my own flavor of vodka. I only drank it in my room, and not around the ship. I always had a decent bar bill also. Weigh out your option and enjoy your cruise.

You haven't drank with my other half.. He oiled say we are both wrong. :)

Sorry i was figuring 750ml bottle, not a liter. And mistyped

On another thread I pointed out that it depends on the departure/restocking port as to the size of the bar set-up bottle...

The last few times (Barcelona, San Juan, Vancouver) it's been 40 oz (1.14 litre) bottles in our set ups.

2qc362v.jpg

FWIW, on a recent Princess a 375ML bottle of Absolut was $18 plus gratuity to room service at 15%, no mixers or salty nuts. While X is more or not comparable, everything extra on X seems to be somewhat more, from restaurant upcharges to Cafe. However the S class ships are gorgeous.

FWIW, on a recent Princess a 375ML bottle of Absolut was $18 plus gratuity to room service at 15%, no mixers or salty nuts. While X is more or not comparable, everything extra on X seems to be somewhat more, from restaurant upcharges to Cafe. However the S class ships are gorgeous.

So $54 for a liter plus tip, more resonable then Celebrity. Its true the upcharges have gone up recently, which I didn't enjoy along with others on this board, but thats a different story.

Archived