Chefs table - Carnival Spirit

Hi all,

Just curious if anyone has tried the "Chef's Table" on the Spirit? What was it like - did you enjoy it or not. What were the dishes like? If you can remember them, can you list what they were?

I am debating whether to try this on the Spirit or not for my upcoming cruise. I have read reviews on other ships and it sounds like a interesting experience. I am not a "foodie" as such and tend to be not that adventurous with my own meals (those I make myself), but thought this might be a good new experience. This is proberly going to be the only time I will be able to do this as the people I usually travel with are not interested in the slightest, but for my upcoming cruise, one of my friends sons is coming along, and he is also interested in doing it. :)

Any reviews would be appreciated. :)

Cheers,

REbecca

Hi Rebecca,

I did the Chefs Table in May on the Spirit and it was a brilliant and fun experience. For the $75 charge food, all wine, entertainment, photo, and the best service I have ever had are included. It involves a Galley tour with champagne reception where you are presented each appetiser dish by the executive chef, cooking demonstration, then to a private table for the group of twelve set up in the closed nightclub which was a great setting. I can't find my menu at the moment but the dishes started with a beautiful tomato dish , tuna dish , barramundi, Spatchcock , Wagyu Beef and a brilliant dessert. Nothing was too challenging for a non foodie and I loved everything.

You need to come a little hungry as there is a reasonable amount of food but its all sized and timed to perfection. The whole experience took 3 hours and I met some wonderful people who all got into the Spirit of Fun and occasion. Not difficult with the bottomless glasses of wine. We all rolled out of there very happy indeed. If you need to know anything else I'm happy to help. some pics as well.

Geoff

zy7y4ava.jpg

y6umymy3.jpg

5ujahahu.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Book before, as on my cruise it was only held twice. Bookings for the Spirit Chef's Table I made via email spsteakhouse@carnival.com. It was confirmed within a day. You need to give them your cabin and booking reference details and names of all people who want to attend. They don't tell you when it's on until you are on board. Everyone at our table had booked a couple of months early.

Geoff

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Thanks for the tip.

I just emailed to do the Chef's Table Experience on our upcoming cruise. I was a bit worried as it is only 2 weeks away but within the hour I had a confirmation email back from the ship confirming a booking for 4. Sounds a great night and something really different.

Hi Rebecca,

My husband and myself did the chefs table when we cruised in April and found it to be a very enjoyable evening the food was absolutely gorgeous. I do have a copy of the menu but my scanner has decided to pack it in so I will type it out for you.

RECEPTION: (This is where you start in the kitchen with small tastings and champagne). Lychee Pistachio, Pink Hawaiian Salt, Sake Sorbet, Duck Sauce Langoustine & Sundried Tomato Jam Fritters, Purple Gazpacho, Mustard Sorbet.

After this you go to the night club where they have a gorgeous table set up for 12.

MENU

TOMATOES OUR WAY

Aerated Tomato Juice, Cocoa Butter Coated, Chardonnay Poached

SOUTHERN BLUEFIN TUNA BANHMI

Lemon Bread, Sesame Crisp, Miso Cream, Avocado Gel

SPATCHCOCK

Caramelised, Butternut Squash, Sofrito

BARRAMUNDI

Herb Pesto, Cured Tomatoes, Carrots, Fava, Mushroom Earth,

Condensed Beets

WAYGU

Slow Stewed Short Ribs, Potato Pebbles, Pumpkin Fudge, Tomato Dust

CHOCOLATE 32C

Aerated Pistachio and Mango Cake with Mascarpone Cream,

Guava and Caramel Praline

All this is served with accompanying wines.

Enjoy!

• 2 weeks later...
I'm looking forward to this most on my cruise in 2 weeks! We booked via email a couple of months ago. It sounds like great value for the delicious things you get. Very keen.

On another note, is the Nouveau Steakhouse worth a visit? Comparable to Salt on the P&O ships?

Hey Hellyes,

And hell yes the steakhouse is absolutely worth the $35 cover charge. We ate there 3 times on our cruise the food was lovely and if you book on the first night you get a complimentary bottle of wine with your meal.

Hey Hellyes,

And hell yes the steakhouse is absolutely worth the $35 cover charge. We ate there 3 times on our cruise the food was lovely and if you book on the first night you get a complimentary bottle of wine with your meal.

Do you book per-cruise or when you boarded?

• 2 months later...

Archived