Oosterdam Questions~please

ncdebe

My friend is going on Oosterdam July 2 and has questions~

1) Is there an additonal charge for the popcorn at the movie theatre?

2) Is there a charge for borrowing videos from the library? Will there be a VCR in the room to play them?

3) What movies are they showing on the ship in the movie theatre?

4) Is there a soda card available? Is soda free at meals? How much does the card cost?

THANKS for any and all help

1) Is there an additonal charge for the popcorn at the movie theatre?

Popcorn is free

2) Is there a charge for borrowing videos from the library? Will there be a VCR in the room to play them?

DVD Players in PS , S & SS Not in lower catagories. No VCR

3) What movies are they showing on the ship in the movie theatre?

You will have to wait until you are on board to find out' The same movies will be on your stateroom TV.

4) Is there a soda card available? Is soda free at meals? How much does the card cost?

Soda car is available it was $27.50 in January on the Westerdam, Sometimes they have a slightly more expensive ($33.00?) card that also works on HMC. Soda is NOT free at meals..Water, Iced Tea maybe lemmonade.

The popcorn is free in the Movie theatre. There is a DVD player in all Cat. PS, S, and SS suites, but not in lower categories. The suite guests have a video library where DVDs can be rented free of charge. All movies are listed on board, and they will be shown on your stateroom TV as well as in the theatre. Soda is not free at meals, and I'm not sure about a soda card.

As a rule, HAL tries to show movies that are currently playing in the theatres or has recently (2 -3 months) been showing in the movie theatres.

Your friend may want to call ship services to inquire about the cost of the soda card and if she is interested, pre-order it.

If your friend is in a cabin that does have a DVD player, when he/she goes to check it out of the library, you are charged usually $25 for the "rental". You are given a slip. Hang onto that slip of paper because when you return the DVD, you need to turn in that paper to get the money taken off your account.

July 2 - Alaska - seriously doubt if your friend is going to be watching much TV or going to the movies. There is so much to see and do in Alaska.

:)Hi,

Everyone answered your questions, but I wanted to tell you that the Oosterdam and the Statendam have the friendliest, most attentive, most sincere staff afloat. Have a fabulous time. I am going again in October on the Oosterdam (10/15) Can't wait!

While reading this thread, I noticed a lot of "O" alumni answered the original questions. Do any of you know......

What genre of music is available in a VC cabin? Like Classic Rock for example? or is it Disco, 40's, Reggae, etc?

Are they selling Michelob Ultra yet? Is it available in a bucket?

thanx

I think you pick the music played in your room from a selection. I could be wrong...we didn't spend that much time in our cabins!!:) So much to do...

And also don't know about the Michelobs...we drank Coronas...

Have a wonderful time. The Oosterdam is beautiful...

Hello!! I'm glad that so many of my fellow critics answered your questions. The Oosterdam is a great ship with a very nice staff. I was able to view several current movies that I was too busy to view at home. Also, bring a small cushion (it might just been me) but the seats were a pain after a hour!!:)

Archived