Brooklyn terminal

CenTexGal

Hi everyone,

We are leaving from the Brooklyn terminal and flying into LGA the day before. My question...would it be easier to head to a hotel closer to the port after we land, or stay by the Airport and book the Princess transfers? We have been to NY several times, but not very familiar with Brooklyn. I tried the search feature, but, not being able to ask questions...it didn't help me alot.

Thanks!!

Hi everyone,

We are leaving from the Brooklyn terminal and flying into LGA the day before. My question...would it be easier to head to a hotel closer to the port after we land, or stay by the Airport and book the Princess transfers? We have been to NY several times, but not very familiar with Brooklyn. I tried the search feature, but, not being able to ask questions...it didn't help me alot.

Thanks!!

For comparison:

I've booked the Sheraton at 228 Duffield Street for $385. It's 2.6 miles from the Brooklyn terminal.

Last time I stayed at The Brooklyn Bridge Marriott, but it's booked full for my date (Sept 13). It's pricey, too: @ $407.

http://www.brooklyncruiseguide.com/cruise-terminal.html

Boy Brooklyn has gotten expensive- those are Manhattan prices. the airport would be cheaper. LGA has a couple of decent hotels on Priceline for under $200.00

Arecibo is a local(in the sense its near the Brooklyn Cruise terminal) they charge about $35-40 from LGA to the cruise terminal. from either hotel in Brooklyn they will charge $10 or less.

If I were doing this, I'd go onto Hotwire and book the 4* hotel in the downtown/soho area for $196 tax for 10/18. Betterbidding indicates that this could be the Millenium. Even if it's not, it's a 4* hotel with a bunch of amenities. You'll be in Manhattan and a quick ride through the Brookyn Battery Tunnel to the port. You can see what's going on at the WTC. You can pop in St Paul's or Trinity Church or go to Battery Park for another look at the SOL. Even if you don't want to sightsee, you can relax and enjoy Lower Manhattan at a leisurely pace.

If I were doing this, I'd go onto Hotwire and book the 4* hotel in the downtown/soho area for $196 tax for 10/18. Betterbidding indicates that this could be the Millenium. Even if it's not, it's a 4* hotel with a bunch of amenities. You'll be in Manhattan and a quick ride through the Brookyn Battery Tunnel to the port. You can see what's going on at the WTC. You can pop in St Paul's or Trinity Church or go to Battery Park for another look at the SOL. Even if you don't want to sightsee, you can relax and enjoy Lower Manhattan at a leisurely pace.

Sounds like fun, but, due to poor planning on our part...I am going to be in NYC the weekend prior to our cruise for a girls weekend (fri-mon) with my sister-in-law and her cousin. Probably will not need anymore site seeing.:eek:

I was looking at a Comfort Inn a couple miles from the terminal. The reviews are not bad and the price is great at $159. Not much to do in the area, but all we really need is a place for dinner...I guess. Still undecided.....too many decision to make. LOL

Thanks for the ideas, I am making a list of them all.

Archived