Feedback Questionnaires

helpthejuggler

What message? Not sure. But why wouldn't one fill them out?? Sort of like voting---if you do not vote--you can't complain! Plus I like to take the time to mention the workers that helped make it a great vacation. Actually writing a letter to Celebrity right now mentioning 3 that exceeded on what I expected. I'm sure if a big company doesn't hear any complaints, they take it as everything is fine.

In this case, as with some other corporations, getting no feedback is not interpreted as a sign that everything is fine.

In order to qualify for extra time off and other recognition, the staff need to be mentioned specifically on the end-of-cruise forms. Not mentioning them is seen as a negative, a black mark as it were.

This of course is a completely invalid way of evaluating employees.

All it accurately measures is their ability to get you to name them on the form.

Do you compete these at the end of your cruise. I always have in the past but what would happen if everyone ignored them.

What message would it convey?

I usually fill them out and turn them in, but there were a few times when I didn't bother.

I am more likely to fill it out when I have something positive to say, or have a complaint, or a suggestion to make, or want to name someone who has provided exceptional service.

Often I just write in comments without going through the whole thing and checking off all the categories.

On a run-of-the-mill cruise where things went pretty much as expected and I have no complaints, that is when I am unlikely to spend any time filling out the form.

But I should add that those are rare on Celebrity cruises because almost always there is someone or something that impresses me, deserving of praise.

As for what message not filling out the form would convey,

my guess would be that nothing about the cruise made a strong impression on the passenger, pro or con.

Either that, or this is just someone who doesn't care to fill out forms. :D

Archived