Sports deck

Should the Sports Deck be turned into a Sun Deck on all the Ships?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Sports Deck be turned into a Sun Deck on all the Ships?

• Yes
    • No
    • Yes, but only on Sea days.

Definitely but maybe restricted hours ie, 11-5 as a sun deck & the rest of the time as a sports deck. Gives those who want to use it as a sports deck a chance but frees up room for sunbeds at peak times.....

Agree with this option rather than all the time or only on sea days.

I didn't vote exactly as I wanted to as I would have liked an option which included 'school holidays' too when I think there would be a different demand for the sports deck.

Anyway - it's all good as it gets the ideas flowing and gives us an opportunity to bring up alternative suggestions.

I didn't vote exactly as I wanted to as I would have liked an option which included 'school holidays' too when I think there would be a different demand for the sports deck.

Anyway - it's all good as it gets the ideas flowing and gives us an opportunity to bring up alternative suggestions.

We always go in school hols but never see a lot of use of the sports deck 11-5ish which is why I suggested those times........

We always go in school hols but never see a lot of use of the sports deck 11-5ish which is why I suggested those times........

Oh well I'll bow to your experience Jules :D We don't go in school hols these days so don't really know what the pattern of usage would be but just thought perhaps it would be good to have something extra available for the youngsters. But the timing you suggest is obviously based on your observations so that would seem to be a good compromise. :)

they could at least make it half the size....the net on dream is falling appart (they are always knitting it back together) does it have to be big enough for 5 a side football......its usually always empty....never seen more than 3 kids aimlessly kicking a ball about in that cavernous space, even in school holidays?

IE has a smaller basketball/badminton sized sports net and is well used by kids during the school holidays imo...... and people can sunbathe all around it:cool:

I voted "No". When my daughter was a teenager they played sports a lot on the deck. We always went school holidays. However, I would agree that on adult only cruises and outwith school holidays this would seem unnecessary. It would be best if there were some flexibility built in.

Agree with those that say the sports deck should have split uses on sea days only - on days at sea then part of day as sports and rest as sunbathing - on in Port days 100% sports use only.

And like they did on the Celebration in April/May - open up the bow deck - every little space helps !!

I wasn't sure which way to go on this one.

As someone who wouldn't be able to sit out in full sun :(.I think if they are going to do anything with part of the sports deck (I think some games facillity shoud be kept), half should be covered with some decent chairs, the other half could have beds for the sun lovers.

Apart form 2 cruises, 9 1 adults only/ 1 full of buiding materials) we have always seen the sports deck used by kids and some adults, and wehn not used its nice to sit on a quiet bench, plus its often shady away from the sun up there so voted no

I have been noticing a few comments about the use of the Sports Deck around the threads.

When on dream 2weeks ago sports deck was never used any time we passed . Yes could be used for sun beds or something .

Archived