Has the food improved on the NCL STAR?

lesharona

I have cruised on many different Princess ships and have found their food to be marginally decent at times. I just got off NCL's Spirit and found the food in the DR was hit or miss but I still had a fabulous time. If it was me, since I have experienced both CLs, I would pick the one that offered the best itinerary and pricing. If you don't like the food on either CL, you always have the pay DR as an alternative. Happy Sailing!

We just came back from the STAR - - Breakfast and lunch in Versailles were great , service was ok, we ate all our dinners in the specialty restaraunts - -I am not a steak lover (but the rest of my family is) , but would HIGHLY RECOMMEND CAGNEY's, Le Bistro comes in second - I thought the Tex Mex at Endless Summer was average to below average ( great sangria though!), La Trattoria was good (not gourmet Italian food, but solid decent Italian fare (defintiely above your local pizza parlor pasta) - my family tells me the sushi bar was a great treat their first day out - - I opted for the BBQ up on the pool deck - -always better than average - I enjoyed the SOHO dining room as well -- I would say the desserts were average in all the restaraunts - except in the Le Bistro you can do a chocolate fondue with fresh fruits and a few puff pastries - very yummy - - I would defintiely reserve a few of these your first day on board and let the rez go if you find you enjoy the standard fare int he no charge restarounts - - we found them to be worth the slight upcharge for the quality of the meal and the service was most definitely better.

We just returned from a 6/26/05 Star cruise to Alaska. I was able to make several reservations the first day we arrived. We enjoyed Le Bistro and Ginza but did not overly enjoy Soho. These were all extra charge restaurants. It's better to book early in the cruise as we were not able to eat at La Tratorria or Endless Summer later on in the cruise as they were totally booked. We ate most breakfasts & lunches in Versailles as I could not handle the chaos of the buffet (Market Cafe). We found the food in Versailles for the most part mediocre to good, but found the speciality restaurants better. We like to eat at various restaurants while in port when we travel so we ate lunch several times when we were off the ship. While in Victoria B.C., we walked to China Town and had a wonderful dinner. We are cruising next summer on the Pride of America in Hawaii and I plan to book the specialty restaurants very early in the cruise.

I have cruised on many different Princess ships and have found their food to be marginally decent at times. I just got off NCL's Spirit and found the food in the DR was hit or miss but I still had a fabulous time. If it was me, since I have experienced both CLs, I would pick the one that offered the best itinerary and pricing. If you don't like the food on either CL, you always have the pay DR as an alternative. Happy Sailing!

perfect advise: we were so looking forward to the wonderful food and experience on Celebrity on the Connie. Food on cruise lines, unless you choose to eat in the specialty restaurants just is not what is was 10 or 20 years ago and I don't care what mass marketed line you choose. There were things that did make the food on Celebrity a tad better than any other line we have cruised but not worth the raves it gets from the loyalists. Food is subjective as we all know, it is a very important part of cruising, but so is itinerary, service, the attitude of the passengers and of course, price. NMNIta

Archived