Best transport for family of 6

Crazymom4

What would be the best (easiest & cheapest) way for my family of 6 (me, hubby, 14, 13, 10, 8 year old kids) to get from Ft. Lauderdale airport to hotel (currently not booked) and then to cruise port? Is a taxi big enough for all of us and luggage? I was thinking of finding a hotel that had a shuttle to the port the following morning. Any suggestions?

What would be the best (easiest & cheapest) way for my family of 6 (me, hubby, 14, 13, 10, 8 year old kids) to get from Ft. Lauderdale airport to hotel (currently not booked) and then to cruise port? Is a taxi big enough for all of us and luggage? I was thinking of finding a hotel that had a shuttle to the port the following morning. Any suggestions?

I stayed at the LaQuinta Ft. Lauderdale in Hollywood, FL for my precruise night for my November 2012 cruise. We were a total of 7 and booked 2 rooms. They had free airport shuttle to the hotel. I sailed out of Miami so I needed private shuttle but I think at the time they had free shuttle to Port Everglades. I have heard that they might charge for the shuttle now but I'm sure you can call and ask them directly.

It was a nice hotel. Close to shopping & restaurants and came with a free breakfast. With 7 people, that in itself was a great savings.

Good luck and enjoy your cruise.

Many hotels have free shuttles that will pick you up at the airport and take you to the hotel. They are often large vans that hold about 8 or 10 people and also have room for lots of luggage. Also, many of these hotels will offer free or cheap shuttles to the port the next day.

Getting from the port to the airport after your cruise you could either take 2 taxis, each will be about $15.00 plus a tip. Or most cruiselines offer the transfers to the airport but it will be a per person charge so will cost you more. Not sure of exact amount but check with your cruiseline.

We used Marriott points last Nov and stayed at the Fairfield http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/fllad-fairfield-inn-and-suites-fort-lauderdale-airport-and-cruise-port/

They had their shuttle pick us us at the airport and take us to the Hotel, no cost. The next morning it was only $10 ea and they took us out to the pier. There is a lot of information on the FLL airport web site too about transporation.

Archived