can my parents board the ship with our daughter if we are still on land

steph.ryan05

hello! my family and I have been on many cruises but this September will be the first one with our daughter. she will be almost 13 months at the time of sail away. my parents are going on the both cruises with us as well. we are going to Bermuda in September and Bahamas in November and are wondering when we are docked if my husband and I are still on land if my parents would have any trouble boarding with her. they of course will have her cruise card and passport but I wasn't sure if they will question them or not let them board with her.

Yes they will. We have taken my grandson a few times without the parents. Except for the initial boarding and leaving the ship no one asked for our permission proof or cared. They will have the kid's cruise card and their cruise card. They won't be that hard to find if there is a problem. I assume your reservations will be linked because of dinner so that would also be in the records. Bottom line, we've never been questioned no matter whose kid at whatever age boarded with us. Multi generation families cruise all the time. It's not like it would be unusual.

I love to tell this story. My DGS was around 4 YO at the time. We arrived in Victoria from LA and he didn't want to get off the ship for the day because he thought we were leaving totally. As we walk past immigration/customs he is screaming his head off - no, no, don't make me go. I want to stay (heavy sobbing). They didn't bat an eye. He also thought if he didn't go to sleep that night then tomorrow wouldn't come and he wouldn't have to get off.

As mentioned they can board the ship with her during the course of the cruise.

On the subject of passports, I would leave them on the ship. They are not required to be taken off the ship and they can be lost or even stolen. Keep that locked in the safe.

Keith

As mentioned they can board the ship with her during the course of the cruise.

On the subject of passports, I would leave them on the ship. They are not required to be taken off the ship and they can be lost or even stolen. Keep that locked in the safe.

Keith

Keith,

Sorry to hijack this post but you are still going to send out the private email links to your your next world cruise, right? I'm on the list from last year so hoping I don't have to do anything....

Archived