A question for those that do late dining...

CherylCT

The shows and show times are always set up so that everyone has plenty of time to eat. There will be a daily schedule of events printed and placed in your cabin every night.

By the way... I like late dining best. If you want to sit there with family or friends, you will never be rushed because there is another seating.

Bob

Searching for Kokomo

The shows for late diners are sometimes before dinner, but not always, some of the shows are after dinner, maybe at 10:00ish. It's been hit and miss depending on the particular shows and/or ship in our experience.

We found that it is usually after late dinner about 10:30 but on a few occasions the show was moved to before late dinner. It just depends on what else is scheduled but either before or after the shows are timed so you will be able to make one.

On every ship I've ever been on the showtimes are before dinner for second seating.

On the Freedom 8 night cruise only one of the shows was before dinner. The big production shows were at 10:30pm for late seating.

I hate the shows before dinner and never go if they are at 7pm. The whole point of having late dinner to to stay in port as long as possible and not have to rush to get ready.

We love late dining! We've always been able to get to the shows, some before, some after dinner, and have never been rushed. I much prefer when the show is after dinner, though, at 10:00 or 10:30. Seems more festive!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Cruise Critic App

I always do late seating. The show times are varied. More after than before though in my experience. For those on here that have been on Conquest category ships, what about the movie times? Going on Liberty in July. Hoping late dinner doesnt make us late to the movies.

Sometimes, the shows are after dinner, and sometimes before. It depends on the show and the ship. The timings are great, regardless of when it's the actors perform. If you have the show before, it ends early enough to give you 15 minutes to walk to the MDR. If you have the show after, you will make it unless you really linger at the dinner table. The only time I missed the start of a show, it was my fault; I stopped at a free liquor tasting, where there was a long line.

I, personally, prefer to see the show before dinner, especially on sea days. Then I get to talk about it with my tablemates, and I feel more energetic in the process. After dinner, I hit a massive food coma, and need coffee to keep myself from nodding off. When I eat a big, filling dinner, it takes me an hour or two to catch second wind, when I can gather the energy to go to clubs.

Archived