London to Harwich transportation 7/25/13

ILikeShips

We also travelled from London to Harwich a couple of years ago. We found a family company based in Harwich and they were great. On time, nice car, friendly. They also picked us up in Harwich at the end of the cruise and drove us directly to heathrow.

I would recommend this company, A2B cabs. The email address is marcaida@btinternet.com. The owner's name is Tony.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Diane

Good Morning and thank you for your prompt reply and the good report. Approximately when did you use the services of Exclusive? We are planning to arrive at 7:30 pm in Heathrow and continue the next leg of journey for an overnight in Harwich then board the ship. Even though it will be a long travel day we thought overall should be less stress for unforeseen delays. What do you think?

Diane

We used exclusive in June. I am sure they can figure something out and take you to Harwich in the evening. If not, there are hundreds of companies in London and you can check cruise critic for ones that people like. All of these companies are 24 hours so I am sure it is fine.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We used Hummingbird Shuttle and they were very good. Vehicles and driver were very relaible. Travelled to and from port from London. Stayed at the Double Tree Westminister Hotel.

Good Morning and thank you for your prompt reply and the good report. Approximately when did you use the services of Exclusive? We are planning to arrive at 7:30 pm in Heathrow and continue the next leg of journey for an overnight in Harwich then board the ship. Even though it will be a long travel day we thought overall should be less stress for unforeseen delays. What do you think?

Diane

I personally would take the train into London from LHR that night, stay at a hotel there, then train from Liverpool St. Station to Harwich in the morning. More relaxing than driving the 2+hours from LHR to Harwich.

I personally would take the train into London from LHR that night, stay at a hotel there, then train from Liverpool St. Station to Harwich in the morning. More relaxing than driving the 2+hours from LHR to Harwich.

I would agree with this. A 7.30 pm landing means at least 8.30 till you are clear of immigration and have your baggage. Then a couple of hours to Harwich. I would either travel into London and stay there then get the boat train the next day from Liverpool St. Alternatively stay at a Heathrow hotel and travel the next day.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I agree with you, if only we was younger and more able than we am now. We took the train to Ipswich early this month, but we did not have luggage other than a carry-on. Could not have done lugging two 42 lb pieces of luggage and a carry-on and a camera bag. Your right though it was a very enjoyable ride.

Thanks Stazerd! Sent Tony the email link for a quote and will follow up so all cc's will know outcomes. Do you happen to know if there was a telephone number as well?

Thanks for your assistance. Diane

I don't have the phone number but my husband should. I will check with him tonight. I suspect Tony will return your email quickly and hopefully provide his phone number too!

Archived