Blue Hole Watersports snorkle trip review with slideshow link

Cruise life

Here is my review and slideshow for the Blue Hole Watersports snorkel excursion in Nassau, Bahamas. They provide boat rentals, snorkeling and fishing trips from their location behind the British Colonial Hilton in Nassau, a very short 15 minute walk from the ships (the Hilton is the huge building with the reddish-orange tile roof you see as you exit the Festival terminal area). Walk through the hotel and out the back door to the pier on the right. They have a building there with the snorkel gear and take payment on-site. There is a fee if you use a credit card, cash is preferred. You can stop by and see if anyone has not shown or cancelled if you have not made prior arrangements, but don't be surprised if they are sold-out. I hope they don't have many no-shows, because they provided us with a hassle-free and enjoyable experience.

We contacted Kathy via email and corresponded a few times regarding our snorkeling trip (our original group of 8 dwindled to 4). She was very nice about our having to downsize and we were able to change to an earlier time on the day we visited, which happened to be very cloudy with a few light showers in the morning. Our group was two singles and our family with two 7 year old-boys that had snorkeled before. Our guide asked if anyone needed instruction and was able to assist new snorkelers. We went to a shallow location first and then went to the "Sea Gardens". Make sure to ask to go the gardens, less than a 20 minute ride. The water was deeper, but the coral and fish were amazing.

http://smilebox.com/playBlog/4d7a63784d7a4d774e54413d0d0a&blogview=true

Thanks for the great review and pictures! Did you have any problems going through the hotel without having a room or day pass?

Thanks again! I need to read your review on the Paradise. I think we actually went on that once when it first came out and was non-smoking, but it's not listed for some reason....

Our other four did do the day passes so I am not sure if anyone would say anything to you or not. I believe the Blue Hole instructions say just to walk through...you will see the back door as soon as you walk in the front door of the lobby, it's a straight- through shot.

Thanks for the lovely slide show.

We have Blue Hole booked for next Saturday. I am a bit leery to see such a small boat. Looks like a non-drowsy Dramamine might be in order! We are a group of 2 so I imagine that they have us as part of a larger group to make the 8.

I'll report back to add to your thread.

Thanks again

M

Archived