Hue or Hoi An

Bewer

Will be docking in Chan May Vietnam for one day. Have to choose between a tour to Danang & Hoi An or a tour to Hue. Would welcome any opinions/views on which to take. Thanks

Will be docking in Chan May Vietnam for one day. Have to choose between a tour to Danang & Hoi An or a tour to Hue. Would welcome any opinions/views on which to take. Thanks

I spent a lot of time in both places in 1963. I greatly prefer DaNang over Hue.

Jim

Chan May is closer to Hue, takes about an hour. Will take you about the same time in the opposite direction to get to Da Nang, then a further 30 to 40 mins to Hoi An. Despite this, unless your ship is in port for only half a day, I too would recommend Hoi An.

If you're fixing a private tour, or negotiating with the taxis at the port, you can build-in China beach & Marble Mountain (google them) between Da Nang & Hoi An. Marble Mountain particularly is very interesting with a pagoda, temple & cave-temple, and super views over China beach. Quite steep steps up Marble Mountain, but not very far. Or if you don't fancy the climb, there's a road of marble-sculpting workshops at the bottom.

JB :)

I've been to both places and if you want sightseeing then you go to Hue for the perfume river, the Citadel etc...However, if you want sightseeing plus tailor made suits then definitely Hoi An. I got two tailor made suits for $ 70 each in 3 hours http://www.yalycouture.com/index.php?lang=en.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived