The Glory

msstarr22

My role call for Glory pretty quiet too. Going Feb. 2, can't wait! Really hoping there will be a couple teens on board for my 15 yr old to hang out with!

its off season. there will be a few kids- now many we'sailed the last week in janaury and there was 35 kids under the age of 18

• 2 months later...

Serena 56!! I hope you have details of how your trip was. We are leaving Friday morning for NYC and boarding the ship Saturday morning. I'm hoping you have some insight for us...

my roll call is quiet too as is the one after me-- (I rolled on several- mainly because i am interested in what to do in the ports-- and carnival excursions are a LOT of money.

for the 5 nights I am wondering when Formal nights will be. and what menu they do away with.

I do have my favorites from each night--lol

We did the Carnival Glory in July. Great ship. Just read reviews of Carnival Conquest and Freedom. I think the layout is about the same. I always got confused on the Conquest and dang, I just booked the Freedom for next summer.

There are reviews on here. I posted mine from Labor Day week if you do a search for Glory. :) I too love the 2.0 upgrades. Makes me unsure about Splendor for next year!

We liked the glory but we LOVE the splendor. We went on her in may , did the glory in August and we are going back to the splendor in January.

Love the Glory, especially with the 2.0 upgrades. Sometimes hard to get a review when it spends the summer in Canada.

This makes total sense!

I also have been looking for Glory reviews, and have read some, but looking for others to keep my satisfied until April.

Did the Glory 7 day have 2 dress up nights? Or just one? What days were they? We are leaving this Sat. thanks, Mray

I emailed the maitred for the Glory for the sailing this Saturday and they confirmed that formal nights are Tuesday and Wednesday.

I emailed the maitred for the Glory for the sailing this Saturday and they confirmed that formal nights are Tuesday and Wednesday.

We just got off the Glory this past Saturday 7 day from New York

Formal nights were Sunday and Thursday

The fun times on Tuesday had listed formal night for that evening my wife and I questioned to ourselves why would it be Tuesday so we called service desk they said it was going to be Thursday. they did not make an announcement until 5:55 PM that formal night was going to be on Thursday the sad thing was a lot of people dressed in their formal dress

we found lots of misinformation.

and several canceled events this trip. we have been on 24 cruises in the past our 2nd carnival and we thought they ran things very poorly.

The worst thing was we had faster to the fun so we could get off the ship early for an 11:30 am flight they sent us off with the walk offs which was just a huge problem because they were rude and told because of this we had to wait for the entire ship to be emptied before we could get our luggage. now their were others with the same problem the lady we spoke with was no help. so we called carnival corporate. office they said they would send emails to the ship to help with the problem. finally after an hour and 1/2

the lady who was so rude finally helped my wife and I get our luggage but all the others needed to still wait I don't know how long they had to wait. we just thought there was to many things carnival lacked. They also never gave weather reports and the local station on the TV for weather was from Florida that does not help for weather report in Halifax or St. John

even with the problems we did enjoy our cruise but will not go with carnival again. :)

We did the 9/14/2013 cruise from New York to New England and Canada. Our experience was much like previously written, but here are some of our more important notes.

Glory is a very nice and clean ship but hard to navigate. You have to get used to the places where you can and cannot go to reach your destination.

The theater shows were awful. The live entertainment ranged from good to very good.

Dining room menus are not as good as they were a year or two ago on Carnival, but still we found something that was excellent every meal. Most nights I had two of their appetizers.

Embarking and debarking in New York was no problem. We arrived about 11 AM and were on board shortly after noon. For debarkation, we carried our own luggage and the only problem was a major one for some. We were directed to the Amber room and were told we had to move from one side of the room to the other. The only way to do this was by carrying luggage over the little tables in the aisles. There were no open aisles. Instead, We managed to sneak past the Carnival attendant who was supposed to block the cross aisles outside Amber. Thank goodness. We caught a 915 a.m. train out of Penn Station to New Jersey. Amazing.

Saturday morning traffic from Penn Station to the pier was horrendous. The taxi ride was 20 dollars and we walked the last two blocks. The return trip after debarkation was particularly smooth and the taxi ride with Was only 12 bucks. No traffic this direction.

Except for Halifax, debarkation and itineraries were all excellent. However, we arrived late in Halifax and Carnival got the only available berth left, which was in the freight yard. This was a secure area which had to be exited by shuttle bus. Organization of this busing was nonexistent, and frustrating. Don't know if this was Carnivals responsibility or Halifax, but it should not have been a hard thing to handle. There were no directions or indications how to board the shuttle buses. Some people stood properly in long lines, and others just bypassed the lines and pushed ahead towards the buses. Inexcusable!

Otherwise, Halifax was just wonderful.

St. John New Brunswick had the only fall foliage tree…a single maple... On this whole trip.

The public bus system in St. John and in Boston were outstanding. Easy to navigate and inexpensive. If you use the Metro system in Boston and are a senior, just say so. Your trip will be one dollar. And no need to get a Charlie card which takes a month to obtain. +

How many of you get the connection to the Charlie card and the public transportation system?

Archived