Labour day in bermuda

cherylroslyn

I was hoping someone who lives in Bermuda or is very familiar with Bermuda could help me and the people on my roll call.

We are leaving on August 30, 2013 on the Norwegian Dawn. We arrive on Sunday at 11:00 am. I know there is reduced ferry and bus service, but I am not quite sure what that means. I also know there is a 25% increase in cab fares.

Also, the next day is a National Holiday, so again we are going to have reduced ferry and bus, 25% increase in cab fares.....but what else?

Will all the stores and restaurants be closed? Everyone on the roll call is asking and no one realy knows the answers, does anyone have any experience with this? Thank you!!!

Labor Day is a US Holiday. It is not celebrated around the world. We were in Bermuda last year on Labor Day, Sept. 1st., and the buses and ferries were running on the regular Monday schedule. Stores were open and everything was go.

Labor Day is a US Holiday. It is not celebrated around the world. We were in Bermuda last year on Labor Day, Sept. 1st., and the buses and ferries were running on the regular Monday schedule. Stores were open and everything was go.

Labour Day is listed as a major public holiday by Bermuda's government and is celebrated in Bermuda annually:

http://www.gov.bm/portal/server.pt/gateway/PTARGS_0_2_11757_311_1794_43/http%3B/ptpublisher.gov.bm%3B7087/publishedcontent/publish/gov__top_level__org__house_/energy_101/bda_public_holidays_2013_15.pdf

As a result I would expect that ferries and buses would be running on a Sunday schedule (meaning no ferry service between St. George's and Dockyard, reduced service between Dockyard and Hamilton and reduced bus service), and taxi rates to carry the Sunday surcharge.

Labor Day last year was not September 1...it was September 3.

We were in Bermuda on Labor Day last year. Buses were on a modified schedule.Weird not a Sunday but not a regular day. We did go into Hamilton and went to Hog Penny and shopped at Flying Colors. Our cruise left Boston on August 31 so Sept 1 was a Saturday.

Sorry, I was on vacation and thought we were in Bermuda on Labor Day. Hard to keep track of the days. Guess it was another island, probably in the Caribbean since it was the Explorer of the Seas 10 Bermuda-Caribbean Itinerary.

Sorry, I was on vacation and thought we were in Bermuda on Labor Day. Hard to keep track of the days. Guess it was another island, probably in the Caribbean since it was the Explorer of the Seas 10 Bermuda-Caribbean Itinerary.

Is okay...everyone makes mistakes:)

I looked it up before I posted the question so I knew Bermuda Celabrates Labour Day on the same day....except they spell it differently....lol

Archived