Houston to Galveston transfers

Wendytx

We are cruising on Triumph Nov. 23...how far out should I book transfer? Wondering if I need to book ASAP, as we are flying home Thanksgiving Day. Our flight is at noon. Sure hoping that won't be a problem. It's the last flight out that day!

Also, the best quote I've received thus far is $135 each way (5 people) from Z limos. Has anyone found a better deal?I've read on this board about renting a car for the week, but haven't found a good price yet. Advice appreciated!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Hi Wendy, here's what the Carnival site says about flights out of Houston:

"Earliest Flight Departures:

Earliest departures out of the Houston Intercontinental Airport (IAH) or Houston Hobby Airport (HOU): 1:30pm"

Not to say that you couldn't make a noon flight, but you need to be there 2 hours before (10 AM). If your ship doesn't dock in Galveston until 8 AM I think it would be cutting it close to book the noon flight. I'm sure many people will post that they made it with no problems, but I wouldn't chance it unless Carnival offers their transfers before 10 AM.

JMHO,

• 1 month later...

I just tried to book transfers post cruise but the time says 1:30 to 7:30 pm that's crazy if you start getting off the ship at 7 or 8 am. I would think the last shuttle might leave around 1:30 pm. Pre cruise it shows 7:30 am to 1:30 pm. Carnival says shuttle service start at 9 am and I'm sure people show up on 2 pm flights. Should I just go ahead and book and not worry about times shown?

What time is your flight post cruise? Please keep in mind that Galveston is roughly 60-90 minutes from the Houston airports (depending on traffic), and that you need to be checked in 2 hours ahead of time. I've also seen that in Galveston, the ship arrives later than other ports. When you book your transfers, you will need to provide the cruise line with your flight info, so they will know if it meets the times.

I'd go with the time's that the cruise line suggests. They have experience and know how long it may take from the pier to the airport. They didn't just pull these times out of a hat :D!

If you're looking for a flight and find an early one that's really cheap, you can be pretty much assured that you won't make that one! Then, again, if you find yourself at the airport early and in time for the "cheap" flight, see if you can get on.

JMHO, but why spend your cruise (at least I would) worrying about getting back home?

Post cruise flight is at 2:25 pm. The carnival website made it sound like they don't leave galveston until 1:30pm . I know they don't recommend flights before 1:30 departure time.

If they recommend flights after 1:30, you are ok. They on't have you sitting on a bus for that many hours.

Archived