Need help for our trip!

Hi All,

We have 2 full days in Vancouver on 7/3 and 7/4 before our cruise and are trying to organize our time and transportation to be able to see the things on our list.

Here are the places we definitely want to see:

1. Capilano bridge - maybe with Grouse mountain

2. Granville Island

3. QE Park/Bloedel Conservatory

So the question is which of these can be combined into one day? And what's the best way to get to all of them? We were thinking Vancouver Trolley and AquaBus. There are 4 of us and we are staying at Sunset Inn on Burnaby St and we are very capable of walking long ways.

Thanks in advance!

Susan

Hi All,

We have 2 full days in Vancouver on 7/3 and 7/4 before our cruise and are trying to organize our time and transportation to be able to see the things on our list.

Here are the places we definitely want to see:

1. Capilano bridge - maybe with Grouse mountain

2. Granville Island

3. QE Park/Bloedel Conservatory

So the question is which of these can be combined into one day? And what's the best way to get to all of them? We were thinking Vancouver Trolley and AquaBus. There are 4 of us and we are staying at Sunset Inn on Burnaby St and we are very capable of walking long ways.

Thanks in advance!

Susan

The local transit (Skytrains,Seabus,Bus) system is the way to go here. Not sure if you're flying in to YVR, but you can use it for that as well. There are various options for ticketing, but buying a book of ten 2-zone tickets at the airport would be a great way of doing it. Each ticket is good for 90 minutes on all transit.

YVR-Downtown: Skytrain Canada Line (2 zones)

Downtown-Capilano/Grouse: Seabus + #236 bus (2 zones)

Downtown-Granville Island: walkable, lots and lots of buses (1 zone), or aquabus (private not covered by Transit tickets, but fun)

Downtown-QE Park: Skytrain Canada Line to "King Edward" or "Oakridge" station (1 zone)

if you'd like more details, please fire away. There are a number of us that live here in Greater Vancouver that use these systems daily, and can provide further suggestions.

All of those locations are doable in one day. I'd suggest you google the walking distance between the points to see if you are comfortable with the time/distance.

Vancouver is a wonderful city for walking around with the mountains and sea, but everyone has their own idea about what a nice walk is.

The buses listed by scottbee are good options if you feel the walk is too far.

A personal preference of mine especially when I have 2 days in a city is to check out the hop on hop off bus. Here is a link to one in Vancouver.

http://bigbus.ca/home/

YEs - we were thinking of getting the pass for the Vancouver Trolley - the second day is free if I buy them online.

Does this sound doable:

Day 1 - Trolley/bus to QE Park (not sure which one). Then bus or walk to Spyglass Place to catch the AquaBus to Granville and then AquaBus back towards hotel area - I think the Hornby St stop is closest.

Day 2 - Trolley or walk to shuttle to Capilano/Grouse Mtn. Then reverse and take as much time as we want on the trolley seeing downtown. Spend some time in Gastown.

Any transportation details you can offer would be super helpful.

Thanks!

Susan

Here is something else that is opening in Vancouver this week. I believe Disney has something similar and I know we are definitely looking forward to trying it. Location is right near the Cruise Terminal so if you are doing a walk around downtown along the waterfront you will be right near.

http://www.flyovercanada.com/

The trolley to Grouse mountain is the way to go - one word of caution if the day is less than nice don't spend time and money on Grouse. I did that with visitors from New York a few years ago - it was miserable. But on a nice day it is SPECTACULAR.

Enjoy - I hope our city puts on it's prettiest weather for you.

While a great fan of the HOHOs and in particularly the Vancouver Trolley, I am not at all sure that it is of value to you with what you want to see.

However, you do not need to take transit to the Capilano Suspension bridge or Grouse Mountain, both attractions offer free shuttles from and to convenient locations in the downtown area. If you are going to take in both attractions then take the free shuttle to CSB, then when finished take the #236 bus from outside the CSB to Grouse Mtn and then take their free shuttle back into the city....the two attraction are going to take the better part of 6 hours in total. The transit information to Granville Island and the QE Conservatory will work for you, plan for 3 or so hours on the island and 2 plus hours at QE park....so again with commute time plan about 6 hours or so. Granville Island and or the little ferries are walkable from the Sunset but all of the others are going to require transportation of one type or another.

Archived