Sailing out of San Juan and staying there a cpl of days. Questions

jrmende63

We are arriving to SJ next fall. We are staying at the Numero Uno Best Guest House ( as advised by our Tour guide from our Carnival Liberty cruise this past April). We plan to do the combo Zipline at Torro Verde with the pickup included. We will not have a car. We are sailing out of SJ on the Carnival Valor.

My questions are: For a taxi purpose, what zone or area is Numero Uno Best Guest house located? What pier does Carnival use in San Juan? Are there any restaurants within walking distance of the hotel? Any recommendations would be helpful!

Thanks, Julie

Carnival sails from Pier #4 in Old San Juan.

I'm guessing you should be able to find the taxi zones somewhere, probably online, but I've never looked for them.

If the hotel is in the Condado area, there are lots and lots of good places to eat.

TripAdvisor may have both restaurant listings and taxi zones. Again, I haven't looked for them there, but starting there, or just a general Google search should turn up just about everything you could possibly want to know!

I had a day stop in San Juan on a cruise back in December 2007. DD & I fell in love with the city. I knew then that I just HAD to take a cruise from there, so we did Victory in May 2009.

It was DD's college graduation surprise cruise. She didn't know we were cruising until the day we boarded. She was suspicious when I wouldn't let her unpack at the hotel!

We stayed at the Courtyard Miramar pre-cruise (my first attempt at Priceline (using all the great help on the stuck thread on this board) and I got it wrong), which turned out OK. Good local food nearby.

Stayed at the Marriott Stellaris 2 nights post-cruise.

I did a TON of research (for me, that's part of the pre-cruise fun). I think this San Juan board is one of, if not THE, most helpful and useful boards on the site. My cruise was a-port-a-day and all were new to me except one. And I booked independent tours on every island, so I did a whole lot of research!

Enjoy your research and planning and your pre-cruise stay in San Juan (and the cruise itself, of course).

On our very first trip to San Juan we stayed at El Convento but one night we took a taxi out to Numero Uno and ate at Pamelas. This is the restaurant in the hotel ...... small but nice. It was truly one of the best meals we had on that whole trip !!!! A bit pricey but worth every penny !!!

On our very first trip to San Juan we stayed at El Convento but one night we took a taxi out to Numero Uno and ate at Pamelas. This is the restaurant in the hotel ...... small but nice. It was truly one of the best meals we had on that whole trip !!!! A bit pricey but worth every penny !!!

Thank You for the info! I have read that more than once that Pamela's is the best place to eat. I think we will have to allot for at least one dinner there if not two!

Archived