Resident rate price drop!

I checked my rates this morning and was just approved for a $60 credit. Make sure you put in your home state in the drop down section on the fair viewer. I did it without putting my home state and the "resident rate" was not view-able.

I got another $80 off today, that makes $160 in one week!! And that was after I thought I had a great price. Since I booked, I've gotten $260 back. :D

3 people, inside cabin on the Lido deck, taxes, tip, and all for $68 a night or $22.5 per person per night.

:D:D:D

Where else can you get a hotel room with 2 cleanings a day, 24 hour room service, entertainment every day throughout the day, white tablecloth meals and other food 24 hours a day, 3 stops in beautiful Caribbean islands with a lot of choices to make lifelong memories, swimming pools, slides, hot tubs, drinks brought to you anytime you want, and for 3 people for $68 per night? And I know I'm leaving something out but this cannot be beat. Ive been on 3 Carnival cruises and each one has been wonderful!!!

Just checked the Canadian Resident rate for our Liberty cruise in Jan '14 and we went down $60 each, that's over $200 so far!!!!!!! WOOHOOOO! :D

Interesting... I always thought the resident rate was for cruises close to your residency. I better check my Liberty sailing in January to see if my California residency, helps me for my cruise out of Florida :)

Interesting... I always thought the resident rate was for cruises close to your residency. I better check my Liberty sailing in January to see if my California residency, helps me for my cruise out of Florida :)

Ya, I never thought of it, either!! The base price for an oceanview was higher than the Fall and Winter sale, so I never bothered to check....but once I looked into it, our category (8A...one of the l-shaped balcony cabins!!!!) was cheaper than the Fall and Winter...it definitely pays to put more time into it!!! P.S. What sailing are you on?? We're doing the Jan 4, 7 night E Carib.

I never get any resident rates to show...I am Canadian as well, and even putting in province of residence, I have never had a rate show. However, I ask my TA to check, and recently, there have been alot of Canadian Residents rates that SHE can see, and is able to put in for price reductions. So, if you don't see them, it does not mean they are not there! Check with your TA or PVP!

I was approved for another $20 price drop. $110 off so far and two weeks to go before final payment.

This is the best we've ever had on the west coast.

I wish carnival had a lower price on the East Coast Residents Sale for the Splendor so i can get some credit :(

I wish carnival had a lower price on the East Coast Residents Sale for the Splendor so i can get some credit :(

I'm hoping too...we are on one month after you. My problem: I can't figure out how to get "resident rates" to show. Can anyone help? I know where to go for past guest, etc. rates (the booking engine thing) but is there something else I have to click to get NJ rates? :confused::confused: TIA

Yea, I did that...also, checked the past guest. :confused:

Then that means your sailing is not eligible for that rate. I checked with fare viewer and the only cruise in feburary that list the resident rate for NJ sails on Feb 05

Then that means your sailing is not eligible for that rate. I checked with fare viewer and the only cruise in feburary that list the resident rate for NJ sails on Feb 05

Okay, thanks for the help! That is very stinky. I was going to book the 2/5/14 cruise. Rates were much lower than 2/21 also....can't remember why I didn't....:confused::o I wanted to book a certain cabin and I think it was already booked for that cruise. Oh, well, better luck to the rest of you and y'all enjoy the Splendor. She is a SPLENDID ship! ;):D

• 1 month later...
I wish carnival had a lower price on the East Coast Residents Sale for the Splendor so i can get some credit

I would check If I were you... fares dropped :D

I am booked on the Splendor, made final payment and just noticed they reduced the fares. :( Wha!

Do you think they will give me credit or OBC if I call? ;)

This may be a stupid question, but I'm going to ask anyway :p We originally booked with the Early Saver, but we've used resident rates to get price drops. If the lowest fare at final payment is still the resident rate, will our booking still be considered "early saver", or will it be considered "resident rate"? I want to be able to get price drops after final payment.....I hope this makes sense!

Archived