Which one would you choose?

Ramrac

Which one for a family of 4 with two boys, 8 & 3?  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Which one for a family of 4 with two boys, 8 & 3?

• 7 Day Western Caribbean
    • 7 Day Eastern Caribbean
    • 8 Day Repositioning to San Juan

We, me, DH and DS (8) and DS (3), are between three cruises right now and thought I would get you all's input based on your experiences as to what you think would be best. We like to do beach excursions and active ones, which I know the active ones will be limited since we have our 3 year old. Also, the one way flight from San Juan is very cheap so not a deal breaker.

All three are based out of Balitmore and about the same cost:

7 Days Western Caribbean in October 2014

Baltimore, MD

Fun Day at Sea

Fun Day at Sea

Port Canaveral (Orlando), FL

Nassau, the Bahamas

Freeport, the Bahamas

Fun Day at Sea

Baltimore, MD

7 Days Eastern Caribbean in October 2014

Baltimore, MD

Fun Day at Sea

Fun Day at Sea

Grand Turk

Half Moon Cay, the Bahamas

Freeport, the Bahamas

Fun Day at Sea

Baltimore, MD

8 Days Repositioning to San Juan on November 30, 2014

Baltimore, MD

Fun Day at Sea

Fun Day at Sea

Grand Turk

Fun Day at Sea

St. Thomas, USVI

St Kitts, WI

St. Maarten, NA

San Juan, Puerto Ric

We, me, DH and DS (8) and DS (3), are between three cruises right now and thought I would get you all's input based on your experiences as to what you think would be best. We like to do beach excursions and active ones, which I know the active ones will be limited since we have our 3 year old. Also, the one way flight from San Juan is very cheap so not a deal breaker.

Baltimore, MD

Fun Day at Sea

Fun Day at Sea

Nassau, the Bahamas

Freeport, the Bahamas

Fun Day at Sea

Baltimore, MD

Baltimore, MD

Fun Day at Sea

Fun Day at Sea

Grand Turk

Freeport, the Bahamas

Fun Day at Sea

Baltimore, MD

Baltimore, MD

Fun Day at Sea

Fun Day at Sea

Grand Turk

Fun Day at Sea

St. Thomas, USVI

St Kitts, WI

St. Maarten, NA

San Juan, Puerto Ric

With a 3 yr old I would do the 7 day eastern. You would have so much fun at Half Moon and Grand Turk has the great beaches right next to the ship and a fantastic pool all within the Cruise center. I would personally reserve more 'exotic' itineraries for later. At that age it is all about fun!

I love the Western Carib. Usually, they stop at Grand Cayman (perfect water and great fun with young kids to see the stingrays) and Cosumel (for the family: Nachi Coccum all inclusive, yes all, beach for about $50 pp).

But any cruise is better than no cruise. Enjoy.

There are no 7-day Western/Eastern Caribbean cruises out of Baltimore.

The two 7-day cruises you listed are both classified as Bahamas cruises.

The 8-day sounds much more appealing, but don't forget the cost of flights to get back home.

There are no 7-day Western/Eastern Caribbean cruises out of Baltimore.

The two 7-day cruises you listed are both classified as Bahamas cruises.

The 8-day sounds much more appealing, but don't forget the cost of flights to get back home.

You are right after looking at it again it is not called a western but a Bahamas. The Eastern Caribbean is an eastern as it hits an eastern port and is called that by Carnival.

Luckily the cost of the one way flight is very very reasonable.

Baltimore, MD

Fun Day at Sea

Fun Day at Sea

Nassau, the Bahamas

Freeport, the Bahamas

Fun Day at Sea

Baltimore, MD

Baltimore, MD

Fun Day at Sea

Fun Day at Sea

Grand Turk

Freeport, the Bahamas

Fun Day at Sea

Baltimore, MD

Baltimore, MD

Fun Day at Sea

Fun Day at Sea

Grand Turk

Fun Day at Sea

St. Thomas, USVI

St Kitts, WI

St. Maarten, NA

San Juan, Puerto Ric

The repo cruise would be MY personal favorite, but traveling with 2 small ones, I like the "Eastern" route out of Baltimore. If the flight home from San Juan will not prove too stressful, that would be great, but the run to Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay, and Freeport will give you what you said you like best, which is abundant beach time. The nice thing about these locations is that you do have the option for active excursions (you can switch off on HMC doing things with the 8yo) - and while I've only been to Freeport once, I loved it and there were things I'd love to do if we went back. I know a lot of people don't like Freeport, but I'm guessing most of them didn't do their research ahead of time and/or didn't get away from the port. It's a beautiful island.

In my honest opinion, as beautiful as San Juan is, its not the place to bring a 3 year old. The second I got off the ship in San Juan I had MANY people come up to me and try to sell me drugs (most are legal there). Its nice to walk, yes, but who knows what you'll have to go through to get to the airport..

In my honest opinion, as beautiful as San Juan is, its not the place to bring a 3 year old. The second I got off the ship in San Juan I had MANY people come up to me and try to sell me drugs (most are legal there). Its nice to walk, yes, but who knows what you'll have to go through to get to the airport..

That si good to know thank you!

The repo cruise would be MY personal favorite, but traveling with 2 small ones, I like the "Eastern" route out of Baltimore. If the flight home from San Juan will not prove too stressful, that would be great, but the run to Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay, and Freeport will give you what you said you like best, which is abundant beach time. The nice thing about these locations is that you do have the option for active excursions (you can switch off on HMC doing things with the 8yo) - and while I've only been to Freeport once, I loved it and there were things I'd love to do if we went back. I know a lot of people don't like Freeport, but I'm guessing most of them didn't do their research ahead of time and/or didn't get away from the port. It's a beautiful island.

Flying with the boys does not bother us as they are good kids and are not a handful, 98% of the time :) Thank you for your input!

Where did you find that 30 NOV itinerary? It's not listed on Carnival's website at all...they still show normal sailings for Pride going into December.:mad:

When choosing your options for your search select "NOV 2014" and "Pride"

I'd go the 8 day. But do you need to fly no matter what or can you drive to Baltimore? If it's a drive to that port then I'd skip the flying with a 3 year old. That being said, the itinerary with Grand Turk sounds better than Port Canaveral. I've never been to Turk, but we never do anything at Port Canaveral.

Baltimore, MD

Fun Day at Sea

Fun Day at Sea

Nassau, the Bahamas

Freeport, the Bahamas

Fun Day at Sea

Baltimore, MD

This doesn't look like a "western caribbean" listing, more like Bahamas. A western usually includes Cozumel, Grand Cayman, etc. and I do not believe that any sailings out of Baltimore go that way (distance issue). That being said, I would do the repositioning cruise (if you can).

I'd go the 8 day. But do you need to fly no matter what or can you drive to Baltimore? If it's a drive to that port then I'd skip the flying with a 3 year old. That being said, the itinerary with Grand Turk sounds better than Port Canaveral. I've never been to Turk, but we never do anything at Port Canaveral.

We are about an hour from Baltimore, so flying doesn't have to be an option, although I am not too worried about flying with our youngest. At Port Canaveral we wuld go to Universal Studios in Orlando, especially since Carnival offers it as an excursion, but I have always wanted to do Grand Turk... decisions decisions

If you can afford the airfare coming back from San Juan, I'd say option 3. The other 2 are kinda blah next to the 3rd choice!

Exactly my thoughts. I love sea days, and the extra day would indeed be a bonus, but having to get back from San Juan might be a problem. I don't think you'd go wrong with any of those three.

"SKY"

Exactly my thoughts. I love sea days, and the extra day would indeed be a bonus, but having to get back from San Juan might be a problem. I don't think you'd go wrong with any of those three.

"SKY"

Why do you think coming back from San Juan will be a problem?

Thanks!

Archived