what are my chances of getting my luggage back?>

HI

I just get off the majesty of the seas, all passengers were out the port but I was not able to find my luggage. I filled the personal property report but still im not with my luggage. I saw the night before the workers physically taking my luggage ( the last time I saw it ). It has my name , address on it and the luggage tag to get off the ship.

I was wondering in you past experience what are the chances of getting my luggage back. I hear people saying that it might still in the ship, that maybe a passenger took it by mistake.

Thank for the help.

HI

I just get off the majesty of the seas, all passengers were out the port but I was not able to find my luggage. I filled the personal property report but still im not with my luggage. I saw the night before the workers physically taking my luggage ( the last time I saw it ). It has my name , address on it and the luggage tag to get off the ship.

I was wondering in you past experience what are the chances of getting my luggage back. I hear people saying that it might still in the ship, that maybe a passenger took it by mistake.

Thank for the help.

Two prior experiences. One, my DD had hers go missing. A half hour later, it showed up at the buss benches. Security insisted on doing a full search before they would let her have it. Second, good friends had theirs go missing. The next day, someone called and said Oops, we seem to have taken your luggage by mistake. The person wanted them to come get it. After some negotiation, they met half way.

HI

Thank for the help.

I think another passenger taking it is the most likely explanation. If so, let's hope they soon contact you (from the info on the tags) or the cruiseline.

You might want to call the port lost and found. On one of our cruises, our luggage was not where it should be and we had to leave it to catch a tour. They assured us (Celebrity) that when it was located, they would send it to our hotel as we were staying overnight. We gave them to hotel address plus right on top inside the unlocked suitcase was our itinerary that, also, had the hotel address and phone number.

No luggage at the hotel. No help from Celebrity. With the hotel's assistance 9we were in Amsterdam so language problem) and several phone calls, they finally got a hold of the port lost and found. The fellow that answered the phone said he would have to go check the warehouse for it. I was sure he would hang up, go get his dinner, call back and say he looked and looked couldn't find it.

Oh ye of little faith. An hour later we got a call he had located it. He sent it via cab (free) since we had an early flight the next morning. The suitcase still had the disembarkation tags on it along with personal ID on the handle.

In other words, once you leave the ship, you are toast (lol).

Tucker in Texas

HI

Thank for the help.

Here is the number to Post Cruise Issues 1-800-256-6649 (Lost & Found, SeaPass Account Inquiries, etc.)

Good luck and I hope that you get your luggage back.

Archived