Weddings on NCL - How was it?

Hi All,

Well..as of tonight, I am offically engaged? We were already booked on the 4/30/06 Norwegian Jewel Transatlantic and have decided to have our wedding on board the day that we sail.

Has anyone had their wedding onboard with NCL? How were the details handled by The Wedding Experience, and how was the service, food, flowers, cake, etc. Any details would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Michele

I was married on the Carnival Pride and the Wedding Experience did our wedding, too.

It came out so beautiful. It was a little stressful 'cause I wanted to hear back from them right away and it seemed like days but they did get me what I asked for. The standard flowers on Carnival were 5 white roses and they were so pretty and smelled so nice. The cake a beautiful and tasted wonderful. Have lots of fun planning everything.

Hi Ladies...thanks for the feedback. Patty...I'll so be looking forward to hearing and seeing how it went. I really want everything to be so perfect and with everything left until 30 days out, it just seems too easy.

If anyone has any pictures of their weddings on board, I'd love to see them.

Thanks!

Michele :)

Our daughters wedding was ruined. She got married on NCL Spirit Feb,05. E-mail me and I will send you the details.

HSC..I was not able to email you. There's no email setup for your profile. Meanwhile, please email me at micheleg(remove this portion)@bellsouth.net with the details. You have me very concerned.

Thanks,

Michele

• 3 weeks later...
HSC..I was not able to email you. There's no email setup for your profile. Meanwhile, please email me at micheleg(remove this portion)@bellsouth.net with the details. You have me very concerned.

Thanks,

Michele

Michele, just a heads up: HSC has been all over the boards with all kinds of concerns about NCL. I think I would take what is said with a grain of salt. See what others have to say, if you get negatives from others as well then you may want to be concerned. Our granddaughter is getting married on Celebrity in Dec. Reviews have been positive, but awhile back someone claimed it was a total disaster. From what we are learning the most important thing is: get everything in writing and keep in constant contact with everyone that is envolved in the plans. One thing I do not like about Celelbrity and it may be true with NCL the original contact isn't the actually bridal coorinator. Have a wonderful experience, this should be a once in a lifetime event. NMnita

Hi Nita,

You've pretty much nailed it on the head. I've given HSC plenty of opportunities to email me and/or respond on numerous threads. Since she hasn't, then I've chalked it up to one of those folks that you can never make happy and/or it never really happened.

Meanwhile, since I live here in Miami, I am going to insist on a face to face meeting with the gals from "The Wedding Experience" so that my Mom and I can ensure that they understand all of the details and requirements that we'll have. I really haven't gotten that concerned yet, since it's still pretty early and we haven't even narrowed down the number of invited guests, although we are hovering around the 70 mark. The max number of non-sailing guests you can have is 75, so we're close.

I am determined to have a wonderful day and refuse to let any of this turn me into a "Bridezilla"! Keep me posted on how the details of your granddaughters wedding progress!

Hi Nita,

You've pretty much nailed it on the head. I've given HSC plenty of opportunities to email me and/or respond on numerous threads. Since she hasn't, then I've chalked it up to one of those folks that you can never make happy and/or it never really happened.

Meanwhile, since I live here in Miami, I am going to insist on a face to face meeting with the gals from "The Wedding Experience" so that my Mom and I can ensure that they understand all of the details and requirements that we'll have. I really haven't gotten that concerned yet, since it's still pretty early and we haven't even narrowed down the number of invited guests, although we are hovering around the 70 mark. The max number of non-sailing guests you can have is 75, so we're close.

I am determined to have a wonderful day and refuse to let any of this turn me into a "Bridezilla"! Keep me posted on how the details of your granddaughters wedding progress!

I hope you day is everything you expect it to be and you have many wonderful years ahead of you. I wish our granddaughter could meet with the coordinators in her wedding, but living in OK City and getting married in Miami it wouyld be pretty tough. Good luck,

NMNita

• 4 weeks later...
Our daughters wedding was ruined. She got married on NCL Spirit Feb,05. E-mail me and I will send you the details.

hsc lurks around telling everyone her daughters wedding was ruined...its the only reason she posts at CC . No one evers through to her by email and she never gets details.

Archived