Tahiti, Moorea and Bora Bora

cunnorl

We are currently booked on the Sydney to Hawaii trip with stops in Tahiti, Moorea and Bora Bora. It is in 2015 on the Celebrity Solstice. Mostly booked this trip to eliminate most of the air travel back from Australia/New Zealand. Although going to Tahiti has always been a dream of mine.These boards have been so helpful with planning so I was hoping someone had some advice. My adult daughter is wheelchair dependent and I understand our options are limited. We travel with a collapsible chair and my husband and son can easily lift her for transfers. Any recommendations?

That part of the world is not particularly disabled friendly, starting with having to tender to some of the ports. Plus on the islands, it's difficult to get around because of few curb cut outs and rough pavement. I wish you and your family a great cruise.

We recently returned from a trip on Solstice that included these ports. Papeete is a dock port and your daughter can just roll off. There is a lot to see and some shopping right in the harbor area.

Moorea and Bora Bora are tendered and you will make whatever decisions work for you there. A lot depends on the weather and sea conditions. They are both so beautiful that you can have a wonderful day just staying on board and admiring the views. I did this at Moorea but took the tender in Bora Bora, and the little village there has some shopping as well as the boarding area for both ship and private tours.

Hope your cruise is wonderful,

Drew

Archived