Formal Night on a 3 Night Bahamas Cruise?

We decided to do a short 3 night Bahamas cruise next month on the Enchantment and our itinerary calls for us to be in Nassau from Noon to Midnight on Day 2 which is formal night. I anticipate that most passengers will be on shore that evening (tell me if I am incorrect) so we are wondering how much participation there will be on board for formal night? Will there be some sort of deck party that night?

Normally, we enjoy doing formal nights but this is only a 3 day cruise we are trying to pack as light as possible. As a result, we were thinking of staying casual the whole weekend. What can we anticipate? Haven't done a 3 night cruise in almost 20 years.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We decided to do a short 3 night Bahamas cruise next month on the Enchantment and our itinerary calls for us to be in Nassau from Noon to Midnight on Day 2 which is formal night. I anticipate that most passengers will be on shore that evening (tell me if I am incorrect) so we are wondering how much participation there will be on board for formal night? Will there be some sort of deck party that night?

Normally, we enjoy doing formal nights but this is only a 3 day cruise we are trying to pack as light as possible. As a result, we were thinking of staying casual the whole weekend. What can we anticipate? Haven't done a 3 night cruise in almost 20 years.

I doubt that most people will be on shore in Nassau. You will still have a very good turnout for formal night, though it seems that the dress on the 3 day cruises tends to be less formal than other cruises. Enchantment also has Chops as a choice for dinner, and smart casual is fine there.

Regarding the deck party, Monarch had one starting about 11pm, with dancing and a BBQ. I've not heard if Enchantment is continuing this.

Thanks for the 411. I just recall back in the day most pax headed off to Paradise Island to see a show or to gamble. We don't really care much for Nassau so a nice dinner in Chops sounds great!

Regarding the deck party, Monarch had one starting about 11pm, with dancing and a BBQ. I've not heard if Enchantment is continuing this.

We did have a sail away deck party from Nassau on each of Enchantment's first 2 cruises out of PC but I don't recall a BBQ.

We did have a sail away deck party from Nassau on each of Enchantment's first 2 cruises out of PC but I don't recall a BBQ.

Thanks! That makes sense. I have found that most ships do deck parties when in port late in the evening. Understandably they would prefer you spend $$$ on board rather than in shore.

Archived