Need some help or suggestions?

Estealvarado

I wamt to do a diy in santorini the day our cruise arrives. We willbe on rci splendour of the seas we arrive at 12:00p.m. Amd leave at 8 p.m. We for sure want to see oia and fira etc. how can we diy santorini ? That would be affordable because both excursions on the cruise and a private tour are expensive any suggestions?

There are two main ways to get to Oia. First, there is a ferry from where the tenders will drop you off. This takes you around to a dock below Oia. From there a bus takes you up to Oia. After yuo have toured there, a bus takes you back to Fira. I believe the cost is about 20 Euros per person. You would then either walk (free), ride a donkey (5 Euros) or take the cable car (4 Euros) back down to the tenders.

The other option is to walk, ride donkey or Cable car to Fira (prices above) and then either walk (1 1/2 to 2 hours) or ride bus (about 1.5 Euros) to Oia. Same choices for the return.

You have a few non-tour options for going to places other then Fira (that you can easily do on your own from the tender pier). There are local buses that have regular routes and the bus station is about a 10 min walk from the Fira Cable car station. There are also island taxis that you can hire (not cheap). Another option is to simply rent a car and drive yourself anywhere you please. Rental cars are provided by quite a few small local agencies and can be quite cheap.

Hank

We were just on the Splendour earlier is month and did Santorini DIY. We rode the donkeys to the top which was 5 euros each (2 of us) then when we arrived to the top we rented an ATV 4 wheeler from Markos rent a bike. We both rode on the same atv and it cost us 30 euros paid in cash on arrival. I booked that online prior. We rode the atv to Oia and explored that area on our own. Then we rode the atv around more of the island and checked out some stuff such as windmills and the black beaches. Then towards the end of the day we returned the atv and looked around Fira. We rode the donkeys back down the mountain for 5 euros each again. So we spent 50 euros plus gas in the atv for what I would consider the "excursion" portion. Of course we bought drinks, snacks and souvenirs but Santorini is very easy to DIY for cheaper then the cruise lines excursions in my opinion.

Archived