Need a beach for elderly dad

heathercruisin

My 81 year old father is coming with us on the Carnival Paradise in Sept. He "wants to do as many excursions as possible" but I had to explain that excursions cost money LOL. He would like to go to a beach area, preferably with lunch included (or good but cheap food). And I would love some cheap alcoholic drinks.

We will also have our 7 yo dd, and I'm sure she would like to swim and maybe play on some inflatables in the water, or a beach that has some stuff for kids. And I would like to try a little snorkeling (I've never done it).

Any suggestions on a beach to try? At first I was thinking we would stick with the Carnival excursions, but am open to doing something ourselves.

Cab to Paradise Beach - about $15+tip for up to 4 in the cab. Large beach club, $2 admission fee gets you chairs and access to updated changing facilities, lockers, and a HUGE pool. Nice beach with good food and drinks - lots of families for your 7-year old to play with. The water toys might be too deep for her, and cost an extra $12 per person. :( Snorkeling there (and anywhere with a nice sandy beach) will be poor.

Good luck! :)

WE took my elderly dad to paradise beach and he loved it!! 2$ to get in, great pool with loungers in the water, easy walk to the beach, good food and drinks. It was not to crowded. Their are inflatible water toys for kids(for an xtra charge) This is a great beach for everyone!!!

Cozumel is one of the easiest ports to do on your own. Taxis are everywhere on the west side. We have been to Coz 11 times and never found a need to take a ship excursion.

Archived