Silhouette cabin choice - opinions please

baycruising

Very grateful for your opinion on this please. I have 1210 booked (C1 aft) for Europe - Adriatic in September and we are just coming up to final payment.

1245 (C2 hump) is also available and I was wondering whether to move to this in order to have more shelter on the balcony.

First time on Celebrity and have always been a dedicated aft sailor before but I just feel a little uneasy about Silhouette aft cabins after reading all the reviews I can find.

If anyone has experience that they would be kind enough to share I would really appreciate it.

I don't have an opinion of the shelter issue, but I can say that IMO the mid ship cabins are preferable to the aft cabins. The ship is huge, there are no aft elevators, and it is a long walk to get back and forth to your cabin.

We have been all the way forward on Solstice, and it was a hike to get to our cabin; on our Silhouette cruise, we purposely chose a midship hump cabin (8238) and it was fabulous, so easy to run up or down to grab a jacket, or a book, or drop something off. To me it really made a big difference.

I do know that when standing on the deck outside the buffet, or at the Sunset Bar, you can look down and see an awful lot of the balconies below. . .

You will notice some soot and need to at least check before sitting or cover the deck chair with a towel before sitting down. Our biggest issue was late evening/early morning sun when sailing long days east/west, forcing the use of the blackout curtains to keep cabin temperature manageable. This will be less of a problem late September with an early sunset compared to our June Med timing. We met some nice people chatting over the exposed balconies between decks and did not mind the exposure, although our cruise was entirely without rain. We enjoyed being at the end of the ship and did not find the walk to the elevators/stairs an issue. If booking a guarantee, I would prefer to be assigned the hump cabin over the aft. Yet we rarely sail aft, so I also would not mind the change of perspective if assigned there. Perhaps you will enjoy the change of perspective to the hump, because the Solstice aft involves some slight changes to the cabins you are used to. Because you are so familiar with this location on other ships, the differences may be more annoying for you than someone enjoying an aft for the first time.

I really enjoy the views from the aft cabins and you do seem away from everything. But they come with some potential concerns. It is a good walk to the elevators and that should be considered for those with mobility issues. There has been a mild issue with soot but that should be taken care of by your stateroom staff.

I haven't been in an aft cabin, but I have been in 1245 S ship and loved it. The location from the elevators is perfect-close yet shielded from the noise, and the balcony size is great - much larger than a regular balcony. Also, close for dinner: MDR, Select and Ocean View Cafe too. I, personally loved the cabin and deck 10 by the library because it is so quiet. I am very active and don't mind walking, but to save time, especially on a port intensive cruise, I enjoy the elevator and quality of service by the suites...just my opinion based on cabin 1245.:) and my stay on the Equinox, along with 1247 on the Silhouette. Whatever you choose, you will have a great time on the Adriatic!

Def take the C2 hump cabin. The balcony is much larger and more centrally located. I would grab it before it disappears as those cabins don't hang around long. Only problem is you are not price protected unless you make a switch to a cabin in the exact same category.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Archived