Club Balcony A La Carte Menu

laktex

Does anyone happen to have a copy of the A La Carte Menu for the Britannia Club Dining room - Queen Elizabeth specifically but QM2 would also be good.

Thanks in anticipation.

There is an a la carte in Britannia Club or there was late last year on QE. Sorry, don't have a copy.

My recollection is that it just contains standard standby dishes like a chicken, a salmon and a steak. Starters would include ceasar salad and French onion soup. It is not exotic and offers favourites for anyone who doesn't like the regular Britannia menu for the evening.

There is an a la carte in Britannia Club or there was late last year on QE. Sorry, don't have a copy.

My recollection is that it just contains standard standby dishes like a chicken, a salmon and a steak. Starters would include ceasar salad and French onion soup. It is not exotic and offers favourites for anyone who doesn't like the regular Britannia menu for the evening.

Is it a nice steak? I'm kind of a steak "snob" if you will, and steaks on ships seem to be a bit of a crap shoot. :rolleyes:

There is no à la carte in Britannia Club. The meals are identical to Britannia Restaurant.

Uhhh, sorry, but that's wrong. There is an Al a carte menu. It's not very extensive but it does exist.

Is it a nice steak? I'm kind of a steak "snob" if you will, and steaks on ships seem to be a bit of a crap shoot. :rolleyes:

Yes, I think I ordered the steak one night and it was fine. I agree ship board steaks may not be the greatest so it may be a matter of expectations. I wasn't expecting Ruth's Chris or Morton's so I wasn't disappointed. I don't remember it as one of the great steaks of my life but if it had been poor I would remember and I don't.

One of the things we did in Britannia Club on QE was have the maitre'd let us see on her computer the dinner menu for several days in advance. On the night of the one that least appealed to us we had her book us into the Verandah. The Verandah is simply the best specialty restaurant we've ever enjoyed at sea.

The service and food in Britannia Club on QE was superb.

Yes, I think I ordered the steak one night and it was fine. I agree ship board steaks may not be the greatest so it may be a matter of expectations. I wasn't expecting Ruth's Chris or Morton's so I wasn't disappointed. I don't remember it as one of the great steaks of my life but if it had been poor I would remember and I don't.

One of the things we did in Britannia Club on QE was have the maitre'd let us see on her computer the dinner menu for several days in advance. On the night of the one that least appealed to us we had her book us into the Verandah. The Verandah is simply the best specialty restaurant we've ever enjoyed at sea.

The service and food in Britannia Club on QE was superb.

Thanks! Hopefully my experience on QM2 will be equally as good. That's a great tip about checking out the menu ahead of time too. I was planning on dining at Todd English one night anyway. ;)

Archived