Those "Chocolate" "mints" - Cutback

sailor44

cruising in October. How many of these things do you think I can get on my carry on luggage with the airplane home to hand out to the kiddies for Halloween? Could save fifty dollars compared to buying candy at the store.

look mom cruise ship candy, I don't know if I should trick or treat that house.

tee hee hee

cruising in October. How many of these things do you think I can get on my carry on luggage with the airplane home to hand out to the kiddies for Halloween? Could save fifty dollars compared to buying candy at the store.

look mom cruise ship candy, I don't know if I should trick or treat that house.

tee hee hee

Depends on number of nights and how many per cabin!

Depends on number of nights and how many per cabin!

And how nice your steward is trying to be. I didn't have the heart to turn them down and tell him we don't really like them when our steward gave us a huge double handful "for the children". He was being sweet and generous and it was easier just to thank him and take them.:o

Those chocolate squares that your stateroom steward leaves in your cabin every evening are absolutely disgusting. The quality of this chocolate is very poor and I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't real chocolate. Probably some chocolate flavored thing from China.

I don't remember the old ones being mint but these have no mint flavor - not sure if they supposed to or not.

They only thing nice about them is the wrapper.

Tell us how you really feel

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

No that's OK, don't want you to strain on my account. I totally got it. Disgusting, chalky, fake chocolates in imitation wrappers sitting on a diluted Fun Times that was much better when it was Carnival Capers next to a poorly made towel animal...;)

Well, bless you heart! I can see that you tried to understand but apparently you got confused. I never mentioned anything at all about the Fun Times or a "poorly made towel animal". You may want to consider a remedial reading course to increase your comprehension skills before posting again. ;)

Well, bless you heart! I can see that you tried to understand but apparently you got confused. I never mentioned anything at all about the Fun Times or a "poorly made towel animal". You may want to consider a remedial reading course to increase your comprehension skills before posting again. ;)
Think I am ok, appreciate your concern. You are a great emaple of the love and care shown here at CC. It must have something to do with the cheese you guys were as a hat. How would we get by without you? Edited by jimbo5544

Think I am ok, appreciate your concern. You are a great emaple of the love and care shown here at CC. It must have something to do with the cheese you guys were as a hat. How would we get by without you?

Aww, hon, are you SURE you don't want to take my advise about that remedial reading course? :p

Since I don't eat the chocolates, I would like to make sure I understand:

Do the chocolates REALLY taste fake, chalky, waxy? And are they fake chocolate? :p :D

Here's my input - If you like them, fine, eat them if you want. If you take a bite and find that you don't like, spit it out and never try again. Or, my preference, leave them alone and maybe someone else will eat them...or not. ;)

Since I don't eat the chocolates, I would like to make sure I understand:

Do the chocolates REALLY taste fake, chalky, waxy? And are they fake chocolate? :p :D

Here's my input - If you like them, fine, eat them if you want. If you take a bite and find that you don't like, spit it out and never try again. Or, my preference, leave them alone and maybe someone else will eat them...or not. ;)

According to my official, scientific findings, they really taste fake and a little waxy, but not chalky. And I do believe they are fake chocolate. But that could not be confirmed due to lack of extra scientific equipment.:p

And, FWIW, I completely agree with your input.:D

That's just rude.

Think I am ok, appreciate your concern. You are a great emaple of the love and care shown here at CC. It must have something to do with the cheese you guys were as a hat. How would we get by without you?

But the above is not?? :rolleyes:

I generally play nice on CC (and if you took the time to check my stats you would see that) but I will give tit for tat when called for. :)

Hey, y'all, let's keep it friendly. There's very important discussion going on here about very important "chocolates". Please play nice, everybody, so our important work here can go on.:o;):cool:

Hey, y'all, let's keep it friendly. There's very important discussion going on here about very important "chocolates". Please play nice, everybody, so our important work here can go on.:o;):cool:

I'm ok I have cried myself out

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app from my IPhone

LOL It sure seems that some folks are getting their undies in a bunch!

Gosh, just because some of us don't care for the new artificial tasting chocolates does not mean that we are bashing Carnival or those that do like the artificial tasting chocolates. ;) No need to take it personally or attack a person's home state or choice of hats.

:rolleyes:

Those chocolate squares that your stateroom steward leaves in your cabin every evening are absolutely disgusting. The quality of this chocolate is very poor and I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't real chocolate. Probably some chocolate flavored thing from China.

I don't remember the old ones being mint but these have no mint flavor - not sure if they supposed to or not.

They only thing nice about them is the wrapper.

I forgot to mention: during my very scientific, official taste testing, I noticed that the new "chocolates", underneath their new wrappers, have the same pattern imprinted on their tops as the old chocolates. This leads me to believe they are still made by the same factory.

But I could be wrong. It doesn't happen very often, but has once or twice.:cool:

[quote name='ShakyBeef']I forgot to mention: during my very scientific, official taste testing, I noticed that the new "chocolates", underneath their new wrappers, have the same pattern imprinted on their tops as the old chocolates. This leads me to believe they are still made by the same factory.

But I could be wrong. It doesn't happen very often, but has once or twice.:cool:[/quote]
What does not happen very often that you are wrong or that imprint is the same:confused:

[quote name='celticd1']LOL It sure seems that some folks are getting their undies in a bunch!

Gosh, just because some of us don't care for the new artificial tasting chocolates does not mean that we are bashing Carnival or those that do like the artificial tasting chocolates. ;) No need to take it personally or attack a person's home state or choice of hats.[/quote]
I actually like the hats...:D