Dress Code--more questions (oh no!)

CHK

Answer: Persons with an open mind and a sense of humour and the activities which flow naturally therefrom.

It is a sad comment that you believe "this forum bears little reflection of the passengers on board Cunard's ships". Perhaps this may perhaps be more of a reflection upon yourself and those with whom you mix, rather than a sweeping generalisation to be applied to all passengers.

Hi Louise D. Thanks for your response. Very interesting. Regards, S.

I think we need to understand that there are those who read & contribute to this forum but have never actually stepped foot on a Cunard ship. It's quite possible that they have preconceived ideas about what it's like on board which don't align with what they read here.

This may prompt them to make unkind statements about what is written here and what happens on board - I'm guessing.

Casting dispersions can be good fun - for those who are amused by it; for others, not so much.

I expect that our activities probably increase bookings amongst certain demographics...
Well, your postings (and postings from a few others here) make me want to sail more often, so I can meet "people with an open mind and a sense of humour and the activities which flow naturally therefrom". Interesting, informative people. It has frequently been my fellow passengers who “make” my voyages.

All best wishes,

Well, your postings (and postings from a few others here) make me want to sail more often, so I can meet "people with an open mind and a sense of humour and the activities which flow naturally therefrom". Interesting, informative people. To me, it has frequently been my fellow passengers who “make” a voyage.

All best wishes,

Pepper:

So true! When we first considered taking the QM2 in 2007, I came to this forum to investigate. Read, read and read some more. It was, in part, the humour and the very helpful people on this forum that helped me feel comfortable about booking our first Cunard sailing.

We have met so many interesting and enjoyable people sailing on Cunard.

Who, indeed, help to make the voyage so special.

Speaking of 'sailing more often'....would love to be a part of the upcoming World Cruise on QE...what a great roll call they have going and what fun and entertaining people they appear to be. Sadly, :(I will just have to wait and read about how wonderful it was when they return.

best wishes to you,

seasidegal

No, I don't think so.

Oh, why not?

I expect that our activities probably increase bookings amongst certain demographics.

Well, your postings (and postings from a few others here) make me want to sail more often, so I can meet "people with an open mind and a sense of humour and the activities which flow naturally therefrom". Interesting, informative people. It has frequently been my fellow passengers who “make” my voyages.

All best wishes,

I am in 100% agreement with you pepper.

Speaking of 'sailing more often'....would love to be a part of the upcoming World Cruise on QE...what a great roll call they have going and what fun and entertaining people they appear to be.
Seasidegal (and husband ;)), I'm sure you'd fit right in, indeed, enhance the QE World Cruise. They won't know what they're missing.

Best wishes,

Bunch of stuff and nonsense. Increasingly, this forum bears little reflection of the passengers on board Cunards ships.

Salacia

You are absolutely right! I have said it before and will say it again - when I booked my first cruise with Cunard, I came to this CC sub-forum - and was astounded at what I found. I wondered what I had done by booking a Cunard cruise if the inhabitants of this place were representative of Cunard passengers. Thankfully, I found that it was not so - and subsequent cruises have confirmed that for me.

Cunard gets a bit of an unfair reputation regarding the so-called "class system" onboard and the kind of people who sail with the cruiseline. It is unfair -- because the so-called class system is no different than other cruiselines like RCI (actually, IMO, RCI is worse). But I can't but wonder whether this CC sub-forum, which has been going for many years, is partly responsible.

My advice to any potential Cunard passengers - is to ignore most of what is said in this forum and come and see for yourself what a cruise with Cunard is like. It is very "formal" -- but not snooty as could be inferred from the writings of some here. No -- to get real "snooty", you need to try P&O UK :)

Barry

Do you think that if Cunard is willing to relax the dress code to optional nudity (for those people who have difficulty packing formal clothes), they'd be willing to install a carousel?

i-sXCJRZb-X3.jpg

Unfortunately Royal Caribbean got there first. There is a carousel on Oasis of the Seas.

Seasidegal (and husband ;)), I'm sure you'd fit right in, indeed, enhance the QE World Cruise. They won't know what they're missing.

Best wishes,

Yes Seasidegal (and Mr Seasidegal) and Pepper, I believe we would get on famously. You should come and join us on QE.

Louise

I expect that by "our demographics" she means people that don't simply post on the Cunard board to start fights.

?

Glass Houses Whitemarsh, all demographics do a bit of that let's face it.

I suspect that many here are Gekyll and Hyde types. Tigers here, ready to swap insults at any sight of the enemy, and pussy cats when aboard.

If this was not so the medical centre would not be able to cope with the casualties.

David.

Glass Houses Whitemarsh, all demographics do a bit of that let's face it.

I suspect that many here are Gekyll and Hyde types. Tigers here, ready to swap insults at any sight of the enemy, and pussy cats when aboard.

If this was not so the medical centre would not be able to cope with the casualties.

David.

i-HggTKsw-X3.gif

Archived