smoking areas on Crown

Travel2Learn

We are booked on Crown, cabin 733 for a Caribbean cruise. We like to use our balcony during the day and every night, weather permitting. Does anyone have comments about this cabin? Comments concerning drifting smoke and noise are particularly appreciated.

I was in C738 and loved it. I'm a fan of cabins toward the aft, and I'd pick 733 in a heartbeat. There is no smoking allowed in cabins or on balconies, so you should experience no drifting smoke whatsoever. The only noise I heard (besides my noisy neighbours who had screaming fights every other night) was the lovely sound of the wake. Great location, big balcony: you've picked a winner.

rdsgrl, thank you. We are in D733. The deck plan shows a narrow hallway and exterior exit next to the cabin. I was concerned about the crew or passengers using the hallway and smoking. This was a big problem on a different ship. Also, the laundromat is 5 cabins away.

http://www.princess.com/learn/ships/kp/deck_plans/index.html

rdsgrl, thank you. We are in D733. The deck plan shows a narrow hallway and exterior exit next to the cabin. I was concerned about the crew or passengers using the hallway and smoking. This was a big problem on a different ship. Also, the laundromat is 5 cabins away.

http://www.princess.com/learn/ships/kp/deck_plans/index.html

Crew would be put off the ship if they were smoking anywhere other than crew quarters or designated areas. No smoking in any passenger hallway or stairway. Don't worry about noise from the self-serve laundry. The door closes and is insulated. It's not left open.

That door isn't an exterior door but opens onto the crew/emergency stairwell. It's only accessible to passengers once (hopefully!), during the muster drill. I imagine it's a nonsmoking area for crew. You won't even know it's there. Ditto with the laundry room: the laundry rooms are very well sound-insulated and being five cabins away, you won't hear a thing. Plus, that's so convenient for quickly running in to iron something!

Since you have the last cabin aft, your balcony actually is longer and extends out along that blank ship wall (behind which is that stairwell), so you definitely have gotten an exceptional cabin.

This is the best photo I could find (of the other side of the ship, D732), and you can see how big the balcony is, incorporating not only the standard width glass railing but then extending behind that white metal curved part:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTF_E4Nj1pFXP7-jWNEqSQp74jTAtmhD2RY1YgOSx9j8ruM1BXC

I know, I know, I keep saying that. I promise you, if I saw an issue, I'd say so.

rdsgrl. THANK YOU! The picture shows the balcony without a door from the corridor. I hope privacy and sun will not be issues. The entire balcony appears to extend out from the ship without an overhang above. Last year's Caribbean cruise was terrible due to the cabin configuration and crew smoking in the stairwell near our cabin. Fortunately the aft facing balcony was pleasant.

Archived