How long to drydock, 2.0 ?

CocoaMom

Freedom, spring 2014. PVP tells me he's heard 2.0 upgrades in Nov 2013. I saw only about 8 days towards beginning of Nov where nothing is listed for Freedom. How long roughly does it take to add the 2.0 ?

it depends on what is planned. If it is only 2.0 upgrades then dry dock can take about 2 weeks. If there is other work planned, then about 4 weeks

That's kind of what I thought. Unless they're going to cancel a sailing (or 2), I'm not sure when they could be doing it. Wish carnival would announce sooner rather then later since I want the 2.0 Thanks!

I asked my PVP about the Freedom 2.0 upgrades a couple weeks ago and she said that the Freedom isn't getting all of the upgrades this fall. She mentioned that it was getting the comedy brunch and the new DJ music, but not Guys or Blue Iguana at the time.

I asked my PVP about the Freedom 2.0 upgrades a couple weeks ago and she said that the Freedom isn't getting all of the upgrades this fall. She mentioned that it was getting the comedy brunch and the new DJ music, but not Guys or Blue Iguana at the time.

I called Carnival and they said the same thing.

I can't believe how slow they are implementing the 2.0 updates. They ate kind of all ready being outdated by the Breeze and Sunshine plus the new ships coming from the competition. I am looking at booking Breakaway.

i dont think its carnival fault per say, maybe just an issue of finding a dry dock with better availability

i dont think its carnival fault per say, maybe just an issue of finding a dry dock with better availability

Now that Carnival is suing BAE Systems in Mobile, that pretty much leaves just Freeport.

• 3 weeks later...
I'm kind-of glad they've slowed the 2.0 upgrades. I would think it would get a little tiresome if every ship had the same bars/restaurants. Especially the Triumph/Conquest Classes.

Have you been on ships with 2.0 upgrades? Because for me it will be hard to cruise on carnival ships without the upgrades. It's not just restaurants. It adds another level of cruising experience to me.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

I read on another thread recently that the Freedom has a chartered cruise scheduled that week in November, not for 2.0.

and, that maybe the 2.0 upgrades are being postponed due to the additional work Carnival is now planning on all ships (safety, propulsion systems, etc.)

Archived