3 Night Sensation Review with Pictures - June 27-30, 2013

slord12

I have been so busy since Wednesday between starting my new job and moving into my new house, sorry for the delay!! I'll try and upload the pictures tonight, but let's go ahead and get this started!

This was my 3rd cruise. I'd previously been on the Carnival Dream 7 day western (September 2012) and the Freedom of the Seas 7 day eastern (April 2013). This was my first short cruise and first small ship.

There were 6 people in our group: me, Jon, Emily, Ronny, Stacie, and Wayne. Emily and Ronny are getting married in July so this was a combination bachelor and bachelorette party cruise! This was Ronny and Wayne's first cruise, so they were very excited!

We left my house around 6:00am on Thursday the 27th and arrived in Port Canaveral around noon after stopping for breakfast and bathroom breaks! We decided to park at the port. The rate for 3 day cruises is $60.00. We had a great spot in the deck on the bottom floor right across from the terminal. Check-in was a breeze! We walked right in through security and were on the ship within 10 minutes after getting our cards and taking some pictures.

We had 2 rooms for this cruise E92 and E96 both were on Empress deck (7). We loved this location being in the center of the ship and right off the atrium bar. Our room steward was there and let us go ahead and put our things up in our room which was awesome.

We let Emily unpack her stuff and then got the guys to take her upstairs to eat lunch so Stacie and I could "unpack". We actually decorated the room and set out her gifts for a little bachelorette shower that she had no clue about! After we got the room set up, we joined them at the buffet. I decided on a big salad (and dessert) hehe. The food was fine and the buffet wasn't too crowded! Right after lunch we headed back to the room so Emily could get her pool bag. She was so excited when she opened the door and saw her stuff! She really had no idea. We opened her gifts then headed up to the pool for sailaway party!

These short cruises really did have a fun party atmosphere! We all had a drink of the day, then got buckets of beer. The pool waiters were awesome! They kept our buckets full of ice and kept the drinks coming. We had a great time. We went and checked out the slides too since they weren't so crowded.

We stayed outside until around 6pm and finally decided to go get cleaned up for the night. Here's a good tip - don't use the tiny showers in the rooms. Pack a small bag and shower up in the spa. The showers are huge and no one is ever up there. I showered there every night, then would just walk down to the room to do my hair and make-up!

While the others were getting ready, Jon and I went exploring. We love the piano bar, and the same guy from my Dream cruise was now on the Sensation. He was great. We checked out Michelangelo's Lounge too, they have a great band that plays every night. They are all from the Phillipines, and they do great rock covers.

We had 8:15 dinner, and this was the best and fastest dinner service on my 3 cruises! For dinner tonight I had the escargot, shrimp cocktail, and a salad for my appetizers. I had the brisket for dinner with WCMC for dessert! Jon had the escargot and fruit for an appetizer with the fried chicken for dinner. He said the chicken was really good! He also had a WCMC for dessert. Everyone seemed pleased with dinner and our waiters were great!

We went to the welcome aboard show at 10, and that's where I first saw Wee Jimmy!! I usually do not pay much attention to cruise directors, but he was hilarious. We went back to Michelangelo's after the welcome aboard show and hung out there until midnight for comedy club! I love Carnival's comedy club! We always go to the late adult show. These were held in the Plaza lounge. There were always plenty of seats and the comedians were entertaining.

We stopped by the club after comedy for a few minutes, but decided it was time for bed! We had a great first day and night. I'll try and get some day 1 pictures up tonight! Thanks for reading!

Can't wait for your review. My best friend and I are going on our first cruise in October and will be on the Sensation.

our family is on first cruise October 13. Hoping its going to be a blast! Scrolling down hoping to see pictures.

IWe went to the welcome aboard show at 10,!

as activities start later at night do they become less family / kid friendly?

I've really sold this cruise to our sons 11 and 8 that things are open all the time, if we want pizza and ice cream at 2 am we can go get it. to the point that they want to stay up up up. is a show starting at 10pm going to be kid appropriate?

seriously?

some people have other things going on in their lives besides feeding someone's picture addiction

relax and have some patience

Wow. That was, um, rude. I'll assume you misread the title of this thread and give you a freebie. :rolleyes:

Wow. That was, um, rude. I'll assume you misread the title of this thread and give you a freebie. :rolleyes:

um, no-can read the title, thanks, though

OP said she would get to pics. just don't understand why people put up the sarcastic :rolleyes: when things aren't done within their timeframe

and wasn't looking for a freebie from you-but thanks anyway

• 2 weeks later...
I am in the process of uploading my pictures, so I will be posting a full review hopefully over my long holiday weekend! This was my 3rd cruise, and first on a small ship. I have previously cruised on the Carnival Dream and RC's Freedom of the Seas, so I was nervous about a smaller ship. I LOVED IT. The Sensation had incredible crew members and awesome musicians! Stay tuned for my full review with pictures. If you have any questions feel free to ask away!

Thanks in advance for your review and pics!!!! :D I'm doing a 3 Day (B2B with a 4 Day) on the Imagination in November so I'm really interested to read about what a 3 Day is like (never done one before). I'm super excited for the cruise and have been reading anything and everything I can find!!!! :D

• 1 month later...

I am SO sorry that I started this review then flaked out! I was suddenly offered a new job which I accepted AND bought and moved into my first house, so life has been nuts! I promise I will get this done.

:) So glad to see you came back to share !! Congrats on your new job and your new house !! Hubby and I will be going on our 3rd Sensation cruise on Sept. 12th....And we love that ship !! Have never been on anything bigger :-) Can't wait for your review and pics !!

• 1 month later...

Again, I apologize! New job, new house, craziness!!

Here's the first part of my review I posted, oh forever ago!

This was my 3rd cruise. I'd previously been on the Carnival Dream 7 day western (September 2012) and the Freedom of the Seas 7 day eastern (April 2013). This was my first short cruise and first small ship.

There were 6 people in our group: me, Jon, Emily, Ronny, Stacie, and Wayne. Emily and Ronny are getting married in July so this was a combination bachelor and bachelorette party cruise! This was Ronny and Wayne's first cruise, so they were very excited!

We left my house around 6:00am on Thursday the 27th and arrived in Port Canaveral around noon after stopping for breakfast and bathroom breaks! We decided to park at the port. The rate for 3 day cruises is $60.00. We had a great spot in the deck on the bottom floor right across from the terminal. Check-in was a breeze! We walked right in through security and were on the ship within 10 minutes after getting our cards and taking some pictures.

We had 2 rooms for this cruise E92 and E96 both were on Empress deck (7). We loved this location being in the center of the ship and right off the atrium bar. Our room steward was there and let us go ahead and put our things up in our room which was awesome.

We let Emily unpack her stuff and then got the guys to take her upstairs to eat lunch so Stacie and I could "unpack". We actually decorated the room and set out her gifts for a little bachelorette shower that she had no clue about! After we got the room set up, we joined them at the buffet. I decided on a big salad (and dessert) hehe. The food was fine and the buffet wasn't too crowded! Right after lunch we headed back to the room so Emily could get her pool bag. She was so excited when she opened the door and saw her stuff! She really had no idea. We opened her gifts then headed up to the pool for sailaway party!

These short cruises really did have a fun party atmosphere! We all had a drink of the day, then got buckets of beer. The pool waiters were awesome! They kept our buckets full of ice and kept the drinks coming. We had a great time. We went and checked out the slides too since they weren't so crowded.

We stayed outside until around 6pm and finally decided to go get cleaned up for the night. Here's a good tip - don't use the tiny showers in the rooms. Pack a small bag and shower up in the spa. The showers are huge and no one is ever up there. I showered there every night, then would just walk down to the room to do my hair and make-up!

While the others were getting ready, Jon and I went exploring. We love the piano bar, and the same guy from my Dream cruise was now on the Sensation. He was great. We checked out Michelangelo's Lounge too, they have a great band that plays every night. They are all from the Phillipines, and they do great rock covers.

We had 8:15 dinner, and this was the best and fastest dinner service on my 3 cruises! For dinner tonight I had the escargot, shrimp cocktail, and a salad for my appetizers. I had the brisket for dinner with WCMC for dessert! Jon had the escargot and fruit for an appetizer with the fried chicken for dinner. He said the chicken was really good! He also had a WCMC for dessert. Everyone seemed pleased with dinner and our waiters were great!

We went to the welcome aboard show at 10, and that's where I first saw Wee Jimmy!! I usually do not pay much attention to cruise directors, but he was hilarious. We went back to Michelangelo's after the welcome aboard show and hung out there until midnight for comedy club! I love Carnival's comedy club! We always go to the late adult show. These were held in the Plaza lounge. There were always plenty of seats and the comedians were entertaining.

We stopped by the club after comedy for a few minutes, but decided it was time for bed! We had a great first day and night. I'll try and get some day 1 pictures up tonight! Thanks for reading!

And here are the pictures I've been promising since...

Me and Jon ready to enjoy the day!

542259_10101087750870661_83093969_n.jpg

While I LOVED the Flowrider that some RC ships offer, I have a blast on Carnival's slides and really missed them on RC.

547473_10101087750611181_55741014_n.jpg

Me and Jon enjoying the pool after muster, a bucket of beer, and 2 DOD's...he was pouting since his drink was gone!

539723_10101087751728941_1377772228_n.jpg

Goodbye Port Canaveral!

1238052_10101087751694011_1936520945_n.jpg

My favorite view from any ship

1238269_10101087751758881_2117040882_n.jpg

The best picture I got of our awesome waiters. Seriously this was the best and fastest service I've ever had!

1185245_10101087752028341_1684829286_n.jpg

I always wake up early on vacations, I just can't sleep in. I'm always afraid of missing something I guess. We weren't arriving to Nassau until noon so the girls got up not long after I did and we headed to the MDR for a good breakfast and to use our free drink coupons! We wanted a big breakfast since we had plans to eat lunch in Nassau.

I got my usual MDR breakfast of a spicy bloody mary, coffee, eggs benedict, and stewed apples. Service again was fast and good in the MDR!

We hung around the pool and slides and eventually the boys got up in time to grab a quick breakfast and watch us dock!

577308_10101087752123151_1493358595_n.jpg

We were right on time getting off at noon. I'm a huge planner, so I was a little concerned not having an excursion, but since it wasn't my bachelorette party I kept my mouth shut, and we ended up having a fun day!

We decided to walk to Junkanoo beach and just spend the day relaxing.

1176356_10101087753071251_1724473526_n.jpg

1234388_10101087753166061_1522117294_n.jpg

1239821_10101087753240911_1508574996_n.jpg

1234211_10101087753455481_1756920683_n.jpg

Some reviews I read on Junkanoo were mixed, but I had a great day! I rented some chairs and an umbrella from a guy for $20, and then just hopped around all day trying the different food and drinks the vendors offered. We had some great drinks, cheap local beer (Sands) and some delicious jerk chicken and conch fritters!

1239994_10101087753879631_876374607_n.jpg

Tonight was formal night, so we wanted to make it back for dinner. We headed back to the ship around 5:30 so we could stop by the market and some other shops. I ended up buying a beautiful map (that's always my souvenir).

When we got back on board I grabbed my clothes and toiletries and headed up to the spa to shower and get ready in the locker room. I prefer this to getting ready in the hot tiny bathroom in our stateroom! I was relaxed and enjoying a drink with Jon at the atrium bar long before anyone else was ready from my cabin.

Dinner tonight was great. I had the stuffed mushrooms, greek salad, lobster, and prime rib! Jon had the same as me, except he added shrimp cocktail. For dessert he went WCMC and I had the black forest cake! So good!

After dinner we made the show, Curves. We all really enjoyed it because of the pretty costumes! They are like Vegas show girl outfits. We also went to late night comedy as usual. So funny, my favorite part of Carnival's entertainment for sure!

We stopped by the club for a while, but I was so exhausted I just wanted to sleep! It didn't take me long to head back to the room and crash and get ready for our last day.