Question for Bill Leiber -Canadians no longer need Visa for UAE

Lady Slipper

Hello Bill,

I just checked The Embassy of the United Arab Emirates in Ottawa website.

The lovely girl I talked to at Azamara said she would pass this information on, but she could not confirm this officially as it has not been noted. I thought you might be able to confirm this so other Canadians will be aware of the change and make their planning that much easier. http://www.uae-embassy.ae/embassies/ca/content/2117

In it the statement reads:

The Embassy of the United Arab Emirates is pleased to announce that beginning June 1st, 2013, the Government of the United Arab Emirates will be restoring the previous visit entry requirements to the UAE, whereby regular Canadian passport holders will not require a visa to enter the United Arab Emirates (UAE).

Canadian passport holders will be granted entry free of charge to the UAE with their visit arrival stamp, again, issued upon arrival in the UAE. No application in advance of travel is necessary. Please know that the Canadian passport will be stamped for 30 days upon arrival.

If further stay is required, an application for an extension should be made to the local General Directorate of Residence and Foreign Affairs three days prior to the expiry date.

Canadian diplomatic and special passport holders will require a visa to visit the UAE.

Hello Bill,

I just checked The Embassy of the United Arab Emirates in Ottawa website.

The lovely girl I talked to at Azamara said she would pass this information on, but she could not confirm this officially as it has not been noted. I thought you might be able to confirm this so other Canadians will be aware of the change and make their planning that much easier. http://www.uae-embassy.ae/embassies/ca/content/2117

Hello Lady Slipper -

Thank you very much for sharing the welcome information that the UAE will not require visas from Canadian visitors who hold a valid Canadian passport.

I've passed this information on to our Call Center manager to reconfirm and then to update our system.

Wishing you a wonderful Azamara experience ahead!

Best Regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

(*CBO is an authorized and compensated representative of ACC)

Thank you Bill, that's great.

I should have asked you if we will need a visa for Oman (we are going on the Athens to Dubai cruise) I have tried a search but find different answers to that question. :confused:

Thank you Bill, that's great.

I should have asked you if we will need a visa for Oman (we are going on the Athens to Dubai cruise) I have tried a search but find different answers to that question. :confused:

Hello Lady Slipper -

No problem! I'll check with our Call Center about visa requirements for Canadian citizens for Oman.

I want to let you know that you can contact our call center in Miami (877-999-9553) if other visa related questions come up and you need a more immediate response.

I admire your attention to detail!

Best Regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

(*CBO is an authorized and compensated representative of ACC)

The Royal.co.uk site says the following for Oman:

Oman

A group visa will be issued onboard upon submission of the guest manifest. Guests are not required to do anything to be included in the group visa. For stays over 24 hours, such as Serenade of the Seas will have in 2013, there will be a visa charge of approx. $15 per guest. Please note this service is not available to Israeli citizens.

Never known there to be any difference to their onboard visa offering across their 3 brands so I reckon this will apply to Azamara!

If they could sort out the Azamara.co.uk website it would be nice! :rolleyes:

Oman

A group visa will be issued onboard upon submission of the guest manifest. Guests are not required to do anything to be included in the group visa. For stays over 24 hours, such as Serenade of the Seas will have in 2013, there will be a visa charge of approx. $15 per guest. Please note this service is not available to Israeli citizens.

Never known there to be any difference to their onboard visa offering across their 3 brands so I reckon this will apply to Azamara!

Interesting.

Oman

Thanks for the info mzk90. That would make it nice and easy. I like easy :)

Archived