Live Aboard the Summit

doggfan7

About 400 kids is accurate actually. For the most part however all very well behaved and caused no problems. We spent most of our time in the solarium and didn't see many kids throughout the week.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Doggfan

Do you know any thing about the family ocean view balconies? We are bring 3 of those 400 in March and I am concerned about the sleeping arrangements.

We were a party of 16. Celebrating our sons wedding in Bermuda. The problem was our daughters cabin 7135 had major toilet problems day 2 until we got off the ship this morning. Twice each day the maintenance men arrived. The long and short was they had no toilet the entire time. We spoke to customer service . They gave them $200 on board credit. Yesterday they sent chocolate covered strawberries. When we purchased the trip for our children I didn't know one of our kids would be camping out looking for out houses. I am very frustrated with how this was handled. First we were told that another passenger put a baby diaper in the toilet. Next we were told it was a tampon. We had 5 cabins so they were able to find facilities. Did anyone else have the same problem?

On the June 23rd cruise, the Elite Happy Hour was in the Michael's Club. Ti-Ann, the Captain's Club hostess is an absolute delight - super sweet, warm, friendly, and more. The servers in the club were always amazing about getting you a "last call" drink at the end.

I do not know how many kids were on board the ship, but I can tell you that I felt there were more than I expected, but that they were all very well behaved (which did somewhat surprise me as I don't see that in some of the schools I work in).

Qsine was wonderful and I would highly recommend the experience. I described it that night as Alice in Wonderland meets food and I will definitely return on another cruise.

As someone mentioned, escargot have returned and were delicious. Overall, the only negative of our cruise was our stateroom steward, who was probbaly the worst I have ever had. However, the "hotel" staff and guest services consistently tried to remedy the problems.

Oh, and regarding the drink packages....my mom got the Premium Alcohol package and I got the Premium Non-Alcohol package. I would highly recommend the Premium Non-Alcohol package! I probably drank 3-4 liters of Evian a day, a large Pellegrino at dinner, Raspberry Fizzes by the pool, a Vitamin Water after I worked out, and espresso, and hot (or iced) fancy tea. My mom had mixed feelings on whether the Premium Alcohol package was worth it.

In all truthfulness, there were so many positives of our cruise and positive people that we interacted with (especially staff) that I ran out of room on our comment card.

CBFB- we've taken this trip a few times on RC. We LOVE staying on an island for 2 nights! We get off the ship after dinner (buffet) and go right back out to enjoy island night life. Bermuda meals are very $$$.

It does sound like a great way to see Bermuda. I love the idea of having the ship as my "hotel room" and so much more!!!

Protindo,

We were on your same cruise and I met some of your family members at the muster drill. We had toilet issues also on day 2, but they were fixed after a couple of hours. Our toilet would not flush one morning and I told our cabin steward. He said it was several cabins on the 7th floor. I saw maintenance in the halls fixing it and then we were fine. I'm sorry your daughter had to go the entire cruise without a working toilet. That is terrible.

This was our 3rd Celebrity cruise and second cruise on the Summit. We cruised to Alaska 6 years ago on the Summit. We were a group of 15 and had a fantastic time.

Doggfan

Do you know any thing about the family ocean view balconies? We are bring 3 of those 400 in March and I am concerned about the sleeping arrangements.

Our daughter, SIL, & 3 grandkids; 4, 6, & 14 stayed in a corner family on Summit, deck 7 on our cruise last March, & loved it! You have a private hallway to your room, then a door to the room. The room has a portion, with one side basically o normal room, & the other side has a fold out full bed, & a twin. The room has 2 TVs. Tey had plenty of room for 5. But the absolute best part was the 191 sq. ft. Balcony! Besides her family, there were 6 adults in our group, & we were all able to fit on the balcony with plenty of room to spare. Aside from a suite, I would say it's the best room on the ship! Enjoy!!!

And doggfan7, thanks for your report, I'll look forward to your full review!

Archived