Scouting report on the Equinox

Himself

Gorgeous ship, by far my favourite of my 6 cruises. I did not find the size overwhelming.

Particularly enjoyed the (paid) wine-tasting activities. And trivia. Yeah, got a pretty good haul from playing trivia...

While larger than the largest HAL ship, it felt more intimate and less crowed. There were plenty of places to get away from it all or to mingle with others. Lido is set up as islands instead of a long serving line. Have found the enrichment programs to be mixed - some good, some not so. There are only a few cooking demonstrations.

A few months ago we did a B2B, Europe + TA, on the Equinox. It was, by far, the most enjoyable cruise we have taken. The entertainment was nicely varied, and the crew were very friendly and helpful. Do it! It’s incredible.

We are booked on the March 14th 10 day cruise on the Equinox. This will be our 3rd Celebrity cruise and overall our 22nd. I've been researching the Equinox ever since we booked and the reviews are 99.9% outstanding. This has caused me to wish this cruise was a lot sooner than March. I'm looking forward to getting back to Celebrity having cruised on the Mercury a long time ago. We did the XPedition May 2012 and that experience caused us to rethink Celebrity. I think it is also that the kids are grown and we are looking for a more upscale experience now. Got the Premium beverage package and are sailing with friends we met on the XPedition. I think it is going to be a very good cruise. The smoking policy was also a huge plus for us in choosing Celebrity. Check out the roll call section for the March 14th sailing and you will get a feel for who will be on board that cruise.

We just got off the Equinox yesterday after a 12 day Med cruise. In a word - great! The ship is large but never felt crowded. The Summit has been our favorite after we cruised on her and the Millie (as well as the Mercury which I think was that class as well). The service and the food in the MDR was excellent and the Tuscan Grill was very enjoyable.

I wouldn't hesitate to sail on the Equinox again.

We just got off the Equinox yesterday after a 12 day Med cruise. In a word - great! The ship is large but never felt crowded. The Summit has been our favorite after we cruised on her and the Millie (as well as the Mercury which I think was that class as well). The service and the food in the MDR was excellent and the Tuscan Grill was very enjoyable.

I wouldn't hesitate to sail on the Equinox again.

Glad you enjoyed your cruise!! My business parter was on your sailing, but I'll have to wait until Monday for his report!! :):)

A few months ago we did a B2B, Europe + TA, on the Equinox. It was, by far, the most enjoyable cruise we have taken. The entertainment was nicely varied, and the crew were very friendly and helpful. Do it! It’s incredible.

We have found the crew friendly and helpful on every Celebrity ship.

There are more similarities between the S-class ships than differences. They all provide a great experience.

Pick an itinerary you like and prepare to be impressed.

A fantastic ship with a fantastic crew. If there was something they could have done better, I don't know what it would be. She was clean, modern, visually stimulating (jeez...sounds like I'm describing a hooker) and spacious without being cavernous. We met a couple at dinner one night who were veteran cruisers on several lines (30+, I think they said) and they suggested that after a while, the boats become the destination after you've been on all the itineraries. I can see how that would be the case with Equinox. I'm anxiously awaiting my experience with Eclipse.

Archived