Day Pass Options Summarized; Request for feedback

muirhejs

Thanks so much for your reply! I haven't been to Nassau for probably 15 years, so my memory is probably blotchy about all this.:)

Thanks for the info on the Hilton. Sounds perfect for my boyfriend and me. Do you need to book in advance or can you just go to the property and pay at the front desk when you arrive in port?

Edited by monarchmom2012

My wife & I will be on the Disney Dream coming into Nassau on Nov 4th ( my b'day!!)..we are in port 9:30- 6 PM , but will probably only spend 4-5 hours at one of the beach resorts...from what I've read, it looks like the Sheraton is the # 1 choice and the Hilton ( which I have visited last Feb on Allure) is #2...it LOOKS like the beach at the Sheraton is wider & nicer than the Hilton and the pools at the Sheraton are bigger..price wise, we figure on eating an early lunch on the ship, then heading down..so that would be $30pp for the Sheraton vs. $60 ( on line ) vs Hilton, which includes $40 for food & beverage...we thought the Hilton was nice, albeit a bit small, both pool & beach areas..have not been to the Sheraton..my wife doesn't drink much ( maybe she'll have ONE drink) and I drink maybe 2-3 beers...I love hot tubs, and I hear the water at the beach near the Hilton is not great, nor clear...any opinions would be appreciated!!

Big Al

Scuba's been banned for posting a link.

I'll try and answer.

Wyndham pool gets closed on and off. It's no longer a construction zone, although it will be again once Bahamar opens and Wyndham / Sheraton get a face lift. But that's not til 2014.

Cabs are easy from either Sheraton or wyndham. Just go to the front entrance, the door man will hail one for you. Always available.

On the weekends, there are usually weddings and other celebrations, so you might have a bit of a wait for a cab if you are leaving the same time the function gets out. Give yourself a few extra minutes.

Thank you so much for answering my questions.

I am very sad to hear that about Scuba Girl. She has helped so many of us when it comes to questions about Nassau. I hope she is able to come back.

My wife & I will be on the Disney Dream coming into Nassau on Nov 4th ( my b'day!!)..we are in port 9:30- 6 PM , but will probably only spend 4-5 hours at one of the beach resorts...from what I've read, it looks like the Sheraton is the # 1 choice and the Hilton ( which I have visited last Feb on Allure) is #2...it LOOKS like the beach at the Sheraton is wider & nicer than the Hilton and the pools at the Sheraton are bigger..price wise, we figure on eating an early lunch on the ship, then heading down..so that would be $30pp for the Sheraton vs. $60 ( on line ) vs Hilton, which includes $40 for food & beverage...we thought the Hilton was nice, albeit a bit small, both pool & beach areas..have not been to the Sheraton..my wife doesn't drink much ( maybe she'll have ONE drink) and I drink maybe 2-3 beers...I love hot tubs, and I hear the water at the beach near the Hilton is not great, nor clear...any opinions would be appreciated!!

Big Al

First,I so hope Scubagirl is able to post.We have valued her opinions for so many trips to the Bahamas....Since we have spent a few day trips in Nassau at the Hilton,and have also spent Imelda at the Sheraton I can tell you a few things.We have had our two teenage sons with us as well.We like the Hilton,it is close by so we can walk there and then walk around and shop a little on the way back to the port.The staff I very nice,and the foo is very good.Most of all it is so quie and relaxing.The beach is nice,and the water is clear and usually calm. The beach is not huge,but big enough.No snorkeling at the beach,just clear sandy beach. We booked w Island Marketing and you pay a deposit,and the cost is $60 and then you get $40 in food and drink vouchers.The restaurant is nice,and the views are nice,seeing the ships in port is nice. my boys liked the pool,and the food was plentiful for all of us. We really have like our experiences at the Hilton. The Heraton,was much more busier,louder,and the staff was not so friendly..all business.At the Hilton,they were more personable. The pools are beautiful,but w more people and more children. The beach is larger,and the water is clear. I saw a few fish,but its shallow and too many people in the water...we just prefer the Hilton. The food is ok,but expensive. It is a beautiful resort,but you also have to take the jitney to get to Cable beach...just have to be aware of your time,to get back to port..took a little longer on the return trip back to the port.Hope this helps you out. If your children are younger they would like the Sheraton. The Hilton is more geared for adults older teenaged children,it s a quiet kind of atmosphere.Enjoy your trip!

First,I so hope Scubagirl is able to post.We have valued her opinions for so many trips to the Bahamas....Since we have spent a few day trips in Nassau at the Hilton,and have also spent Imelda at the Sheraton I can tell you a few things.We have had our two teenage sons with us as well.We like the Hilton,it is close by so we can walk there and then walk around and shop a little on the way back to the port.The staff I very nice,and the foo is very good.Most of all it is so quie and relaxing.The beach is nice,and the water is clear and usually calm. The beach is not huge,but big enough.No snorkeling at the beach,just clear sandy beach. We booked w Island Marketing and you pay a deposit,and the cost is $60 and then you get $40 in food and drink vouchers.The restaurant is nice,and the views are nice,seeing the ships in port is nice. my boys liked the pool,and the food was plentiful for all of us. We really have like our experiences at the Hilton. The Heraton,was much more busier,louder,and the staff was not so friendly..all business.At the Hilton,they were more personable. The pools are beautiful,but w more people and more children. The beach is larger,and the water is clear. I saw a few fish,but its shallow and too many people in the water...we just prefer the Hilton. The food is ok,but expensive. It is a beautiful resort,but you also have to take the jitney to get to Cable beach...just have to be aware of your time,to get back to port..took a little longer on the return trip back to the port.Hope this helps you out. If your children are younger they would like the Sheraton. The Hilton is more geared for adults older teenaged children,it s a quiet kind of atmosphere.Enjoy your trip!

Manateelover- Thanks for the imput! Hilton sounds nice..no kids, just the 2 of us...question: does the $60 include lounge chairs AND an umbrella? I can't stay directly in the sun TOO long? Was there a hot tub?

Big Al

Manateelover- Thanks for the imput! Hilton sounds nice..no kids, just the 2 of us...question: does the $60 include lounge chairs AND an umbrella? I can't stay directly in the sun TOO long? Was there a hot tub?

Big Al

A lovely pool, and numerous lounge chairs, even round cushioned and covered loungers big enough for 2 adults. No hot tub. We did not use the loungers on the beach, we just used the loungers by the pool-you can find shade, numerous large palm trees, and lovely grounds. My husband and I will be going to Nassau within the next two weeks, we are going to spend our day at the Hilton. Very relaxing, and great food. Believe it or not, the $40 vouchers go a long way-I think last time I had two drinks, a salad, and fish tacos for lunch-plenty-large portions. We lounged, went in the pool, and there are outside showers to rinse off if you go into the ocean as well. You do have to leave your license with the towel hut employee-kept safely in a lock box, and then when you return towels, you get the license back-no problems. As I said, the staff was very nice and social. They walk around the pool and see how things are going-very nice people. We will be on our cruise this time without our children, so we will be relaxing for sure :) Enjoy! I don't know about the umbrella, but I know you can find shade around the pool, and the larger loungers have a shade canopy-they are really nice.

A lovely pool, and numerous lounge chairs, even round cushioned and covered loungers big enough for 2 adults. No hot tub. We did not use the loungers on the beach, we just used the loungers by the pool-you can find shade, numerous large palm trees, and lovely grounds. My husband and I will be going to Nassau within the next two weeks, we are going to spend our day at the Hilton. Very relaxing, and great food. Believe it or not, the $40 vouchers go a long way-I think last time I had two drinks, a salad, and fish tacos for lunch-plenty-large portions. We lounged, went in the pool, and there are outside showers to rinse off if you go into the ocean as well. You do have to leave your license with the towel hut employee-kept safely in a lock box, and then when you return towels, you get the license back-no problems. As I said, the staff was very nice and social. They walk around the pool and see how things are going-very nice people. We will be on our cruise this time without our children, so we will be relaxing for sure :) Enjoy! I don't know about the umbrella, but I know you can find shade around the pool, and the larger loungers have a shade canopy-they are really nice.

Thanks again so much!! Have a great cruise.....

We enjoy both the Sheraton and the Hilton.

We like the swimming choices at the Sheraton and the amount of space. Also, there is an outdoor bar there and a snack bar in the lobby which offers fruit juices, sodas, sweet treats etc. We usually just eat a big breakfast, have a snack at the Sheraton, and then have an early dinner on the ship.

Looking forward to trying out the Hilton. Can anyone tell me just how far a walk from the cruise port(we'll be on the Enchantment) to the Hilton? One of our party can't walk long distances. Will a cab take you even though it's such a short distance? Thanks!

The Hilton is not far.. 3/4 short blocks along the wharf (with benches available), then around to the front of the building. (with benches along the way). It's less than 5 minutes from the port exit for a walker, but will take a bit longer for someone with issues.

I think it would be difficult to find a cab willing to make this short trip (since they usually fill up with a group going to Cable Beach or Atlantis)

The Hilton is not far.. 3/4 short blocks along the wharf (with benches available), then around to the front of the building. (with benches along the way). It's less than 5 minutes from the port exit for a walker, but will take a bit longer for someone with issues.

I think it would be difficult to find a cab willing to make this short trip (since they usually fill up with a group going to Cable Beach or Atlantis)

Thanks. That helps a lot in planning. I think we'll be able to make it.

Thanks for confirming most of the research I made earlier in my booking, SG! I booked the Sheraton Day pass w/ Lunch a few weeks ago for October. I figured for a beginner cruiser, it would give me a good idea of what the "day passes" are all about. I didn't want to break the bank either.

9. Compass Point - Gambier.

Western transportation jitney ($2.50) or cab $32 for 2 ppl

Don't have the details, but I'm told they do day passes.

Never heard of Compass Point as a Day Pass Resort.

Hardly any beach and the pool looks like an inflatable pool. :eek::D

homeitem-20120507141353.jpg

Love the colorful cottages.

The Pool is to the left in this pictures It's inground .. I think you're comment was regarding the hot tub.

Love Beach is next door.

I believe Day Passes are $30 if you bring your own towel, $40 if you need towels. Worth it for the peace and quiet.

Hope they restrict the number of passes .. would hate to ruin the serenity for those who pay to stay here.

• 3 weeks later...
bump.

this thread has so much useful info.

I really wish scubagirrl or someone who has been to these places could rate them in terms of environment for: family, couple, adults.

I think I've made some comments already on these places, but I'll give you my opinion. Remember, this is only my opinion and I am NOT recommeding one over the other.

Breezes - Adults only (14 and over / 18 and over at Spring Break)

This is a spring break atmosphere. Property is old and smelly, but the beach is great.

RIU - Family, Friends and couples - Small Property - One Pool, Beach is sometimes rough. No shade.

Sandals - Couples Only - nice beach/2 pools. Activities geared towards couples, but you don't have to participate.

Sheraton - True Resort Atmosphere. Family, Small Children, teens Friends, Couples. Lots to do. Great beach, 3 pools.

Wyndham - Small property - 1 pool and slide, Slide has been out of order for awhile now. Family with small kids.

Compass Point - Adults, couples - Children are allowed, but there is nothing for them to do. And would annoy others.

Hilton - This is NOT a resort atmosphere. It's a business hotel. QUIET families that want to relax. Couples, friends that want to chill out. Plenty of hammocks, day beds and cabanas.

There are no activities. Kayak, tubes available. I do not recommend this property for active children.

Marleys - Adults or couples - Children are allowed, but this is a very small Zen property with nothing for them to do. Adults would be annoyed having them make a ruckus.

Atlantis - Families with kids over 48 inches, Friends who are young, or young at heart. This is a noisy, active, crowded property. Prepare for noise, activity, loud music etc. Not a romantic /couples type of place. (IMHO).

I have been reading these boards for years and I have found scubagirls info to be VERY helpful and she seems to honestly list pros and cons.

Please reconsider and let her come back. I think it is soooo important to get a locals opinion.

Thanks

Kerri

EDIT.....LOL I see she is back WOOOOHOOOO...I skipped last page and lookie there she posted right before me:)

Edited by luv2gonow

• 4 weeks later...

We did the Bahamas Hilton in may when we went w some friends. It was 65 a piece, 40 towards food. They have free wifi inside if you ask. Wait for a waiter to come to you. I liked it because we got there early and the cruise ships turn around infringe of where their beach is. There is no snorkeling, but the water is there if you need to cool off. ImageUploadedByForums1380198250.441454.jpg.68315385132b83356d8cdff0caf40608.jpg

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

ImageUploadedByForums1380198194.677118.jpg.90ae780df1f0a8b4680d5ef091dd26e0.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1380198209.876907.jpg.ab2e1b43ac209b96bd42baa79185d9f6.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1380198227.657228.jpg.a67400f89fb94aeb2f906bb168a6196b.jpg